Getting Home

I watch through the front of the ship as we leave the planet and enter space. This was all so crazy.

"What is he a crazy ex or something?" A voice asks.

I look down and see the raccoon standing in front of me arms crossed.

"Rocket!" The man shouts from what I presume the drivers seat.

I chuckle. "Definitely not. I just met the guy."

We enter deeper space and everyone else gets up from their seats. I unbuckle the belt that's across me and lean into the chair. I hunch over and put my head in my hands. I had to come up with some kind of plan.

I hear shuffling and look up again. They were all staring at me. I glance around the group.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Who are you?" The green woman asks.

"Y/n. Y/n Y/l/n." I sigh.

"We're the Guardians. Of the galaxy." The man says stepping forward and crossing his arms.

I stifle a laugh. "Seriously?"

He furrows his brows and makes his voice deeper. "Of course."

"Did you make your voice deeper Quill?" Another weird looking man asks.

"No. This is how I always sound." The man responds.

I roll my eyes. "Look we don't need to do formalities, I just need to get home. How long will that take?"

"A day at least." The green woman says. "Earth is pretty far from here."

I nod. It was probably the best I could do.

"I'm Starlord, this is Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot, and and Mantis." The man says.

"Starlord?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

He nods proudly.

"Ok then. I thought your voice was deeper?" I ask mockingly.

He starts to say something but stops.

I laugh and roll my eyes.

"I'll chart a course to Earth." He says defeatedly before retreating to the front of the ship.

"So what were you talking about the torture with the torture crap?" Rocket asks.

I raise an eyebrow. "I went through some messed up shit as a kid." I say matter of factly.

"I am groot." The tree says from beside Rocket.

I nod. "I am Y/n."

Rocket snickers and walks away.

I lean back into the chair and close my eyes. Time to plan.

————————————————————————
~Back on Earth~

It happened all at once. HYDRA, along with Loki and the Udhar took control of several large cities all at once. The Avengers tried to fight back but only Wanda could actually stop the Udhar. They hadn't figured out how they could permanently stop the aliens yet.