Everything I Have Left

"I'm done with your shit." I hiss and run up to him. I kick him backwards and he flies through the glass. I guess it really was him this time.

I look down through the broken glass to see Loki scrambling to get up.

"Thor your evil brother is over here." I shout through comms.

Seconds later Thor lands next to Loki and picks him up from the collar of his shirt. I can't quite make out what they're saying but as long as it wasn't my problem, it was good enough.

I trot down the stairs and back into the fight. None of the aliens are here which was strange, but I guess I assumed they were in the city.

I work with my friends to take down everyone in the building but it seems like they keep on coming.

"Citizens are clear." Wanda says echoing in our ears.

"Get in here. We are very much NOT clear." Nat says as she kicks at least 3 people down.

Thor lands in the middle of us, his hammer striking the ground and sending people flying. "We've got a problem."

I pull my dagger from a mans chest and turn to him. He drops Loki on the ground but Loki's smile is still there.

"You're losing.. why are you still smiling." I say warily.

"The only way to stop the machine it to overload it with power. If it goes unpowered, it sets off a nuclear bomb and I can only assume you wouldn't want that and you don't have it in you to overpower it enough." He scoffs.

I shake my head. "You're bluffing, i've seen the schematics."

"JARVIS, scan under the machine." I hear Tony say from behind me. "Shit..." He says.

"Language!" Steve says as he and the other half of our team burst through the large double doors.

"Not the time capsicle" Tony says.

"What's going on?" Sam asks, confused. "It looks like you've got everything under control."

My attention snaps back to Loki as he speaks again. "Just submit. You're world is chaotic without leadership. You're all too weak to keep everyone safe. You need true power." He hisses.

"What's he talking about?" Wanda asks.

Before anyone can respond the ground starts to rumble. I guess our Udhar friends finally decided to show up. In a matter of seconds, we're surrounded.

"Make up your mind." Loki says before scrambling out of Thor's reach and away from the fight.

My head is pounding. The scientists were still hiding behind parts of the machine. I run to the screen in front of the machine and starts scrolling through the mess of numbers.

"E-excuse me?" A small voice speaks up.

I glance up to see a small woman, she couldn't have been older than 20.

"W-we didn't know about the bomb and we tried to disarm it but we couldn't. I-i'm sorry." She stammers.

I look at the rest of the terrified people in front of me. I shake me head. "SHIELD should be here soon. There's going to be transportation, get out of here." I wave them off.

I watch as they all run to the nearest exit, some of them getting hit and falling but most of them make it. My attention is brought back to the screen when a red light starts flashing. Shit.

"WE ONLY HAVE 10 MINUTES TO GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF." I shout out to those nearby.

The large control room was filled with men with guns, aliens, and the avengers. It was a mess. I spot Loki climbing to the machine's platform on the top. He was watching the light beam as if he was waiting for something.