Debrief

A few days later we sit around the couch again, this time for a more serious reason. We're going over everything we know about Loki.

"So last time he tried to take over New York... what was the motive?" I try and start to conversation.

"My brother searches for power and control." Thor replies.

I nod. "So he's like any other evil dictator dude." I shrug. "Anything else?"

"His scepter has some kind of mind control ability, similar to Wanda." Clint jumps in. "Little bastard used it on me." He says angrily.

"He can create these projections of himself, they aren't physically there but they look real." Nat says.

Only about half the team had ever dealt with Loki before, so to most of us this was all new.

"Dude sounds like an asshole." I laugh.

"I wouldn't quite put it that way." Says a voice from the kitchen.

I whip around to see the man from the device.

"So we meet again." I say and raise an eyebrow.

The man smirks. "Ah you're the midguardian that was given the powers."

I stand up. "Yea well given isn't the way I would put it. More like forced." I scoff.

"Brother?" I hear Thor ask from behind me.

This just makes Loki's smirk grow. " Miss me?" He asks and shrugs his arms.

Thor rushes up to him and lifts him by his shirt. Except instead of actually lifting him, his arm fazes through his chest.

"You didn't think I would actually come did you brother? You may be a god, but you are incredibly stupid." He laughs.

Thor backs away.

"What do you want reindeer games?" Tony finally asks.

Loki makes a disgusted face. He points to me. "That belongs to me. "

I scoff. "Look, you may be from space or some shit but i'm tired of being controlled. I'm not anyone's toy or weapon. Not anymore."

He grins. "Feisty. I like her."

Gross.

"You're not taking her." Steve says and stands beside me.

I look at him and smile, then I turn back to Loki.

"Oh i'm not here to take her now, no. I'm just here as a distraction." He says before vanishing.

"Shit" Sam says under his breath.

"JARVIS, do an analysis of the lab." Tony says angrily.

"Sir, it's seems several things are missing. Captain rogers shield, agent barton's bow and arrows, Natashas weapons, Mr. Wilson's wings, and Mr. Starks suit." JARVIS replies.

"Damn it" Steve says.

Everyone falls back onto the couch.

"So I guess he wasn't just here to brag." Nat sighs.

"Now what?" Wanda asks.

"Well now i'm pissed." Sam responds.

"JARVIS, search the database and all security cam footage for Loki. Tell me if you find anything." He says before putting his head in his hands.

I stand from the couch and leave the room.

"Y/n." I hear Steve call.

I ignore him and continue until I reach the gym. I wrap my fists in athletic tape and hang a bag on the hook on the ceiling.