Chapter 12- race time

I woke up pretty early because I normally go to sleep around 2 in the morning.

I felt fresh even though I was drinking wine last night which was weird.

Taking my hair out of the French braids I brushed through it leaving it wavy.

I did my usual make up but did my eye makeup a little darker.

My outfit consisted of black leather pants, my white 'I'd rather be shopping' T-shirt and black docs.

Putting everything in my bag I headed downstairs for breakfast.

"Hey sweetie, so the big race is today" my dad shouted in between flipping a pancake.

"Yeah, how did you know about that?" I asked wondering if I brought it up over dinner but forgot.

"Oh I spoke to Ollie from next door last night, he was working on your car and explained about it, it looks good, I checked under the hood and everything looks just right" Ollie spoke to my dad! Did he tell him that we were together?

I didn't say anything else when the plate of pancakes were placed in front of me.

I dig in unaware my mum came into the kitchen.

When I shoved every last bit into my mouth I went to wash my plate and saw my mum and dad full on kissing tongues and everything. That was my que to leave.

I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. Strolling the short way to Ollie's house I saw him leaning against the car.

He looked so perfect with the orange colour of the sunrise shining off his perfect face. He looked up and caught my eye, as soon as he did that he stood up straight and walked up to me.

"Hey Lia" he spoke quietly as he took me in his arms for a sweet hug.

"Hey you, so did you do anything drastic to our car?" I said as he bent rested his forehead on mine.

"C'mon I'll show you" he took my hand and dragged me to the car.

All the black leather seats now had gold threading, he also put a speaker system throughout the whole car and put new wheel rims in.

We sat in the car as I admired the new sophisticated look of it.

"And what do you think of this?" Ollie said as he pointed to his head rest which had 'Ollie' stitched in gold thread in fancy writing.

"Where's my name, I did half the work?" I frowned

He pointed behind me and my name was stitched in on the passenger seat head rest.

"Whys mine not on the drivers seat, I'm a great driver. I beat you" I smirked

"You got lucky and besides you wasn't here to argue against it" he said as he kissed my cheek and started the car.-----

We pulled in to the college car park just as it was filling up and everyone was staring at the car. We parked next to the other sports cars knowing they were the other ones from our class.

"Our car defiantly looks the best, that's for sure" I said as I pulled the shades off my head and put them on looking at my reflection in the mirror to make sure I look okay.

After Ollie opened my door and locked the car he took my hand in his and we started the walk into college.

The whispers started almost instantly. Some good things some not so good things. These people really need to learn how to whisper.

"You okay?" Ollie asked making sure I didn't listen to what most of the females in college were saying.

"I'm good, let's just win this race today" I said changing the subject.