Chapter 34

I released a large breath I didn't know I was holding as the doors to the fourth floor slowly peeled open.

Dale and Christian were sat on plastic chairs in the all white, clinical corridor, a look of relief washed over their faces as they saw us.

"We aren't allowed to go in to see any of them yet" Dale spoke before I could ask.

"What happened?" Gabby asked the dreaded question.

My hands shook awaiting the response not wanting to know the details but I needed to know them at the same time.

"Joey was stabbed in the shoulder and Sebastian and Ollie were shot" Christian spoke with pure anger and bitterness which is understandable.

As for me I'm falling apart.

Shot! Where? Is he okay?

Unanswered questions swirled around my head making my anxiety build.

My body didn't let me sob, instead my knees buckled under the weight of what I just got told and I fell to the floor with a thud, my back against the wall.

My shaky hands ran through my hair.

"Are they all okay?" Gabby spoke but I didn't bother looking up, I just focused on steadying my breathing.

As my eyes closed my head just posted pictures of Ollie in there like a collage of smiles I kept from memories I love but the only thing bad about it was the blood that now flooded and consumed the pictures and I couldn't shake it away.

"I think so, they're all getting hooked up to some machines I think, we weren't told a lot" Dale was next as I listened in to their conversation.

When I felt a hand on my knee I pulled myself from the thoughts that consumed me and glanced up to see Nina sitting beside me on the floor, tears staining her face.

My head rested on her shoulder and her head rested on top of mine.

We didn't have to talk to comfort one another and that's what it always been like with us.

After about an hour of waiting, a doctor finally came up to speak to us and everyone stood up from their seats.

"Two of the patients are conscious and are willing to have visitors" the tall man spoke as I zeroed in on the moving lips and moustache. He glances at the clipboard in his glove clad hands. "A Sebastian and Joey?" My heart hurt at the news but I was happy Joey and Sebastian were okay.

"Two visitors only per person though please, over crowding can cause distress." Everyone nodded their heads in understanding.

Gabby and Christian rushed to Sebastian's room before the doctor finished talking.

"I'm going to go see Joey" Dale spoke almost immediately.

I couldn't help noticing the frown on Nina's face.

"You should go too" her head shot up at my words.

"I don't want to leave you alone" the tears were welling in her eyes at this point and it was weird to see Nina this fragile.

"Nina, please go, I want to be alone anyway" I lied but I knew she really wanted to check if Joey was okay and if that meant me having to be alone then so be it.

She simply nodded and walked into the room after Dale.

I slumped into the pale blue plastic chair with a heavy sigh.

I'm still so in the dark with the whole situation and what has happened but I guess I can't push it until everyone is well enough.

After a couple of minutes of my leg shaking without my control, I went to find the doctor.

I'm like a woman on a mission, quickly striding through the building.

With every step I took down the corridor it felt like a heavy mile, like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders.

As I rounded the corner I found the doctor outside of a room writing something on the whiteboard.

His head lifted at the sound of my approaching feet.

"Hi, can I help you with anything?" He asked with a big smile I just couldn't reciprocate.

"I know you said the Sebastian and Joey were conscious but am I willing to visit Ollie even though he's not awake yet?" The hope resonated from my voice but he seemed hesitant.

"I don't know, he's still recovering from the blood loss however he is stable at the minute so if it's just you then I'll allow it." I have mixed emotions from his response.

I am scared, excited and completely heartbroken all at the same time which is a combination of emotions I've never felt in my life before now.

Nodding my head, I sprinted back to the right corridor and down the end of the hallway to room 22.

My shaky hand gripped the door handle.

Sighing, I pushed door open and closed it right behind me. Turning slowly I drank him in, still as beautiful as ever.

He would've looked almost peaceful if it wasn't for the machines he was hooked up to.

Dragging the chair close to the bed, I gently took hold of his hand and rested my head on his arm.

His skin was so familiar as I inspected every freckle and hair on his arm.

It's funny the little details you don't notice about someone until they're almost gone.

The little freckle shaped like a heart, the purple scar on his elbow, how his arm hairs stood as rubbed my hand up and down his arm.

I linked our fingers as I left multiple kisses on his forearm, hoping that somehow my kisses would heal his wounds. I just want him to be awake and being his usual cocky self, he just looks so helpless.

As the tears travelled down my face they dripped onto Ollie's arm but I made no move to wipe them away, I'm too exhausted to do anything but be here with my love.

——————————————————

I woke up to light tap on my shoulder.

My body jolted slightly and I took in my surroundings, I was in the same hospital room, my hand was still firmly holding Ollie's.

"We're all heading home, I think you should come and get some rest" My head shook vigorously at Dale.

"I'm not leaving him, I'm staying, I want to be here when he wakes up." Glancing at Ollie at tight-lipped smile took over my face at his peaceful state.

"you're just as stubborn as Nina, she refuses to leave too, how about I get Gabby to get you a change of clothes for tomorrow?" he asked as he placed a gentle, reassuring hand on my shoulder.

I nodded and thanked him and he left with a light wave.

Glancing at my watch it read 11pm.

Rain drops trickle down the window behind the hospital bed, the sky was a midnight blue colour, with a half moon being the only light in the sky.

I cuddled closer to Ollie's arm, theres something about being inside whilst its pouring outside thats makes to want to cuddle up and get all warm and cosy.

Pulling the chair even closer a sigh escaped my lips, I wish I could just cuddle up with him but I don't want to hurt him, so I settled for gently draping my arm over his hips and resting my head back on his arm as my eyes fluttered shut once again.

Sorry for any mistakes, this is more of a filler than drama filled, hope you enjoyed.

~Shannon x