Chapter 10- best first date

After we got up and dressed we walked hand in hand through the fields of flowers.

We got to some horse stables and I got all excited, I ran up to a horse and started to stoke down it's nose.

I love animals, well most animals, I hate snakes.

"You can take them out for a ride if you'd like"

My head whipped around to meet a woman around her fifties.

"Can we really? I'd love that" I smiled at her and turned to Ollie who was stroking one of the horses.

"Yeah just swap your shoes for riding boots and grab yourselves some helmets."

After we put on our riding boots and helmets we went to choose a horse.

I picked the medium sized brown horse I saw when I first came in, it had a blonde mane and tail and Ollie picked a big dark horse.

"What's her name?" I asked

"She's called Thea" the woman smiled over to me.

"And this ones called Kane" she said as she brought the big dark horse out for Ollie.

I hauled myself onto the horse and guided her outside.

I turned and burst out laughing as I saw Ollie struggling to get onto his horse and the woman was trying to push his bum up to get him on.

When he finally got up we started at a slow pace not going any where in particular.

"This has been an amazing weekend you know" I said glancing over to Ollie.

"It has for me too, I gained myself a beautiful girlfriend" Ollie said as he reached out and we laced our hands together. I have like billions of butterflies fluttering in my stomach right now.

I grinned showing Ollie just how happy I was.

At that moment I gave my horse a little pat and sped off away from Ollie.

"Race ya!" I yelled even though I was already way ahead.

"You're lucky I like you Amelia banks you little cheater" Ollie shouted in an amused tone.

We were going fast, the feeling of the wind rippling through my hair made me feel like I was flying.

I pulled Thea to a strong stop when I saw a wooded assault course high up in the trees.

I jumped off the horse tying her gently to a tree as she started to chew on the grass around her.

As I was climbing up the pegs sticking out of the tree to get to the course I heard Ollie shout me.

He looked pretty perfect from this angle.

"Coming up or are you chicken?" I smirked.

At that moment he raced up the tree. I climbed up till I was at the top and he was up in seconds.

"Don't call me chicken Lia" it was his turn to smirk now.

I started to walk across the rope bridge with Ollie close behind.

"You know I don't think we're supposed to be up here without harnesses" Ollie spoke as he was gripping onto my waist tight.

"I think you're right" I said realising just how high up we were.

I jumped from one wooden post to the other clutching on to it for dear life. We were half way through now, too late to turn back.

We came to the last obstacle, the zip wire, which lead to the ground must I point out.

Ollie sat on the zip wire, next thing I know he picked me up so I was straddling him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face into his chest as he pushed us off the edge. I clamped my eyes shut and I felt the wind blasting on my bare arms.

I could hear the steady pace of Ollie's heart, he makes me feel so safe, no ones ever made me feel this way, I've never seen myself need safety or looking after but when Ollie comes into the picture I can't see anyone else being my safety blanket.

"Baby, you can let go, it's over, we're on the ground" Ollie spoke softly.

"Oh right, sorry" I said sheepishly. I got up off his lap and walked back to Thea.-----

When we took the horses back and changed back into our shoes we made the slow journey back to Ollie's truck.

"You were such a scaredy cat on that zip wire" Ollie laughed.

"Hey, don't hate me 'cause you ain't me" I said in a guys voice as I pushed him.

"You're such a goof" Ollie laughed as he picked me up and put me over his shoulder.

He carried me the short way to the truck totally ignoring my screams to let me down.

We packed up all of the pillows and blankets and headed for the road home.

Ollie rested his hand on my thigh as I turned on the radio

We none stopped talked for hours, never running out of conversation. Even though we discovered that we were both pretty weird.-----

We got home around 8 at night.

I won't lie we spent about 20 minutes in the car kissing and cuddling before I grabbed my bag and jogged to my house. I kept on telling myself not to go over to his house because we have college in the morning.

My parents were still not back so I put all my stuff away, got a nice candle lit bubble bath, slipped into my silk pyjamas and slid into my bed putting on 'fast and furious'.

I took out my phone and looked at all the pictures we took of the beautiful Lake District that's when I saw Ollie had taken selfies of us when I was sleeping in the truck. I look through all of the silly ones of him until I saw my favourite, I'm cuddled up to him whilst he's smiling down at me.

I laughed knowing he copied me when I took selfies on his phone. I should probably break the news to Nina and Gabby tomorrow.

I finished 2 of the fast and furious films before my eyes started to drop. I don't think any dream would be better than the date I had with Ollie over this weekend. Best date ever!

I'm sorry if this was long overdue I just didn't think anyone was reading it, this chapter might be a little short too, but I'm going to try to update every Sunday or maybe twice a week depending on how busy I am.

Thanks for reading, please like, comment anything, just so I know if anyone is reading xx

~Shannon