3 - Samuel Redding's Big Break

It wasn't often Sam got new opportunities. A new city, new school, new life. Finally, it was something he had that none of his brothers could claim. Sam considered himself unlucky. His family was well off, but as he could attest, money can't buy you happiness.

He was born the youngest of three brothers. To Sam, they were nothing but faces. The same people. Both of them demeaned him, both hated him. And Sam hated them back. They were two golden goose's in their parent's eyes, and Sam was the black sheep left to rot in the shadow of their accomplishments.

Sam was a bright kid, but they were brighter. They were smart, good looking and knew their way around a social scene. Sam had the potential for all those skills, but never fit into the mould they set for him.

He tried his best, no doubt about that, but none of his attempts pleased anyone. So, Sam acted out. He intentionally began failing his classes and disobeyed his parents. Because of this, he was sent away. Not to some boarding school and not even to a juvenile correctional facility like he thought. But to Vancouver. Priscilla's Girls Academy.

Sam gagged when his parents first brought it up, but after hearing about the ambitious Co-ed program they were holding, his excitement became unbounded. It was a unique experience he was getting, one his brothers couldn't attain. Finally he had something they didn't. But it was something they didn't want. Sam had only won against them briefly.

Still, he decided not to think about them too much when he arrived. He didn't have any time to get used to the city when he did. The day the plane landed was the day school began. Once the taxi from the airport arrived on school grounds, it was go time.

The grounds were the usual affair for a school on the richer side. His attention never went towards the facilities he found when he arrived. No, his mind was elsewhere. Directed at a girl.

Sam was a lot of things, chick magnet not being one. This girl was incredible. She smiled wonderfully at him when she noticed his embarrassing stare. Her long brown hair flowed in slow-motion around her body, at least to Sam. Her brilliant blue eyes stared back into his soul, penetrating it, making sure he'd never forget her. Sam was in love. This would be his year. He felt it.