6 - The Punishment

The five boys sat in silence as they waited for their punishment. It was bad enough that they tried to escape the school, but the fact that they also accidently wandered into the girl's changing rooms, tried to escape, and broke a priceless antique was the icing on the bitter tasting cake.

The four other boys looked like they were new to getting punishments at school, but Tyler was all too use to this. He was sure that they were going to be expelled and the entire Co-ed Project would be cancelled. Although, an expulsion was the least of his worries.

He had disappointed his mother and his sisters right when it seemed like his life was getting back on track, and that was probably what made Tyler feel the worst. After what felt like forever, the five boys were finally called into the principal's office where Tyler's mom would deliver their final punishment.

The group entered and lined up in front of Mrs. Stanford, who looked like she had been deliberating on something for a very long time. The strangest part was that there were five other girls also present in the room. Tyler's sister Alicia was the only one he recognized. Mrs. Stanford then stood up.

'I take it that the five of you realize what you have done?'

'Not too clear on the details myself,' Charlie replied. Tyler kicked him.

Keira continued. 'Not only did you desecrate school grounds, but you invaded the privacy of many of my students. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you would have had no idea that the room you entered were the changerooms, but I digress. You broke many school rules, and under normal circumstances you would probably be expelled.'

'What do you mean?' Tyler asked. 'Normal circumstances?'

'You all transferred here as a part of the Co-ed Project. The project involves taking students who were having trouble and putting them in a completely different environment. The five of you all exhibit major problems that are connected with how you've been living your life at your previous schools. Whether it be overwhelming amounts of arrogance and violence, disregarding any respect for the opposite gender or having no confidence in yourself as a result of extreme teaching methods.'

'I don't mean to be rude, Mrs. Middleton, but where are you going with all this?' Sam asked, speaking the thoughts of all five boys.

'What I'm talking about is the unorthodox punishment that I'll be giving you. You might think it's weird, even a bit crazy. Even a bit clinically insane. Even sociopathic on my part. Even a bit-'

'Mom?' Alicia said. 'You're doing it again.'

'Right, sorry,' Keira said, getting a hold of herself. 'I have already gained permission from all of your parents on this. They agree that it this punishment would be for the best, as strange as it is.'

'You're not brainwashing us, are you?' Spencer asked, sounding very scared.

'What? No, of course not. Spencer, where did you get that idea?'

'Nowhere,' he said, glaring at Charlie who was chuckling to himself.

'No, there will be no brainwashing. Instead, the five of you will be spending the remainder of the year, up until Christmas break, as female students.' The room suddenly fell very silent. Keira's hopeful expression turned into panic as the faces of the five boys became very shocked.

'Mom,' Tyler said. 'Have you completely lost it?'

'Just hear my idea out. You will be required to dress like girls on and off school grounds for the remainder of the year. You will be taught how to basically be a girl. You will think like a girl, handle problems like a girl and most importantly behave like a girl. Like a true student at Priscilla Girl's Academy. Hopefully, by the end of this, you will have learned a valuable lesson that you will hold dear to you for the rest of your lives.'