27 - Countdown to the Party

Even though Layla had barely known Tyler as Tyler, he thought it safe to assume that she was his girlfriend now. He had hung out with her a few times as Tyler after they met, and all times had been wonderful. Today, while Tyler would call a date, it wasn't quite.

He had gone out to meet Layla in the city where she promised to take him to all the best gaming and nerd merch stores downtown. But Tyler's problem came from the fact that she didn't ask him out, she asked Taylor. So once again, Tyler was on a bus, in drag. This time however, he was alone.

Today he was wearing a long sleeve black turtleneck top with a red high waist plaid skirt. Mesh stockings accentuated his legs, completed with a pair of chunky heeled boots with buckles and straps galore. For his makeup, he had let Bella take control. She had done it a bit differently, using brighter colors. His eyeshadow flared a mighty red, lashes bold and eyeliner winged. His lips shone a bright crimson, devilishly red, Tyler thought. Bella had also done his hair, putting it in a cute double bun style which took a while to pull off giving the two siblings room to chat, mostly about fashion.

The false nails had returned, black as the midnight sky, Tyler's favorite. All in all, he looked quite attractive, definitely a girl he would date. He got a few flirty stares from a group of teenage boys on the bus, even the awkward stare from an older man with quite an obvious erection, which as much as the thought flattered Tyler, it was disgusting nonetheless. Though Tyler remembered seeing the man board the bus WITH said erection, so it made the whole situation even more awkward.

Tyler readied himself to step into the life of Taylor Stanford once more. He thought nothing but feminine thoughts, of his friendship with Layla, how much he secretly loved girl's fashion and how much he adored what Bella had done with his makeup. And with one stomp off the bus, Taylor had landed.

Layla greeted her with a hug when Taylor arrived at their designated meeting spot. Layla's blonde hair was streaked with purple highlights and done in anime-esque pigtails. She was wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, and black combat boots with subdued makeup which made Taylor feel a bit silly for dressing up so much.

'It's so great to see you!' Layla said. 'You look so pretty.'

'I was about to say that to you,' Taylor replied. Layla blushed and the two girls giggled. The day went as well as it usually did with Layla. They laughed, chatted, gossiped about their time at the convention. Their conversation eventually led back to the upcoming party and Taylor's 'brother'.

'I hope its not weird that I'm seeing Tyler as well,' Layla said. 'I like him a lot. You two are so much alike.'

'It's not weird at all, Lay. I've always wanted Tyler to get a girlfriend, he's had such trouble in the past. And now he's found the best girl I could ask for.'

Layla stared at Taylor. 'This is only the second time we've talked in the flesh, and yet, I already think you're the best person I've ever met.'

Taylor didn't know what to say. 'I feel the same,' she finally said. 'Talking with you feels like I'm talking with a friend I've known my whole life.'

Layla smiled and nodded in agreement. 'You and Tyler both,' she said. 'You're like the sister I always wanted. And Tyler...he's the kind of guy I've pictured myself with since I was a kid.'

'So, what do you think of Tyler? Be honest.'

Layla gulped. 'He's not the most exceptional person when it comes to looks, or even his humor, but when we talk, we connect like no other guy I've dated. He's special. I can feel it. I can't wait to see him at the party. And you two! Oh! We should get ready together. You can come over to my apartment before the party. It'll be so much fun.'