15 - The Princess Emerges

A million thoughts raced through Tyler's head as the water from the sink caressed his hair. Spencer's hands ran themselves through his wet locks, soaking and rubbing it in a lather of soap. 'Clean hair is beautiful hair,' Spencer sang as he rinsed the soap from Tyler's head. 'It's quite long compared to most boys, though not nearly as lengthy as Charlie's. Shoulder length is perfect for the look I'm giving you today, Tyler.'

'Whatever you say, Spence,' Tyler gurgled out. Spencer gleefully squeaked in response. 'How do you know so much about this kinda stuff? I thought you were fresh to this whole experience like the rest of the boys.'

Tyler lifted his head from the sink and covered it in a pink towel Spencer handed him. 'I've had some...experience with being dressed as a girl,' Spencer replied, folding the towel around Tyler's hair to form some sort of a turban. 'Nothing you'd be interested in hearing.'

Tyler doubted that, but he let Spencer continue with his work. Now that Tyler's hair was drying, Spencer sat him down on a stool and whipped out a bag full of makeup. Spencer sifted through the bag, only bringing out the things he needed. There was the usual like the foundation and mascara, but a new item was an expensive looking eyeshadow palette that specialized in brown and black shades.

'You like what you see?' Spencer said. Tyler hadn't noticed that he was staring thoughtfully at the makeup products Spencer had brought out. 'Is this a fantasy come true for you?'

'God no!' Tyler snapped. Spencer smiled and shook his head. Spencer didn't buy his anger, and lately, neither did Tyler.

'Stay still for now,' Spencer said as he began applying the foundation. It felt cold against Tyler's face. Unlike Alicia's method, Spencer was spreading it evenly throughout his face, the foundation's color this time actually matching his skin tone. It was paler than the one he wore yesterday, so maybe this time he wouldn't look like he just had a fake tan.

Once Spencer was finished with the foundation, he moved onto some concealer, a product Alicia didn't use last time. Tyler watched as his acne and other marks disappeared under the makeup. His face looked like it was new, porcelain even, like a freshly crafted doll.

'How does it feel?' Spencer asked, sifting through the bag once more.

'A bit cold,' Tyler answered. 'I've never seen my face look this...new.' Spencer beamed, as if it was a feeling he had know before. Under Spencer's orders, Tyler closed his eyes and his friend began his work on his canvas's eyes.

Spencer covered his brush in a deep brown color and began brushing it over Tyler's eyelids. He combined the color with a small amount of black, mixing the two as he worked until it created an entirely new shade that complimented Tyler's dark hair quite naturally. After giving Tyler's eyelashes a thick coating of mascara and applying a healthy amount of black eyeliner, Spencer got him to open his eyes.

Tyler gasped. His eyes looked bigger somehow, a concerto of blacks and browns exploding upon his eyelids. They were beautiful, like a dolls. He wasn't sure how Spencer had done it, but Tyler could barely recognize himself. His work was masterful.

'I've never seen you look so happy,' Spencer said, admiring his work. 'And I'm not even done yet!' Tyler went red, as much as he could under all of his makeup. He sat still once more and let Spencer resume his art piece.

It was blush next, a cool beige-brown color. It was barely noticeable compared to the eyes, but it was a nice addition to the look nonetheless. Finally, it was time for Tyler to pucker up. Spencer lifted a tube of lipstick from the bag, uncapping the lid to reveal a dark brown obelisk. Without hesitation, Spencer slid the lipstick across Tyler's lips. Spencer was careful not to smear or smudge it, as one false move could destroy the entire look. Tyler's eyes were still closed at the time, and Spencer insisted he not open them until his job was done.

'Where are you going?' Tyler asked, still on his stool. Spencer had left the bathroom, searching for something in his own personal belongings. Once Spencer returned, he placed something on the counter and carefully dressed Tyler back into the clothes he had chosen before. He had taken them off in case they got wet while his hair was washed. Even with the turban on his head, the long sleeve shirt slid on easily. Tyler sat back down and waited while Spencer prepared something.

Spencer grabbed Tyler's hands and brought them to the counter. 'Are you gonna paint my nails?' Tyler asked.

'Not this time,' Spencer replied. 'I'm doing something even better.' Tyler felt something click onto his pinkie nail. The other nails soon followed until his fingernails on both hands were covered by something. Finally, Spencer lifted the turban up from Tyler's head and began blow drying it. He didn't for long, as he seemed satisfied with his work. Upon placing a black headband on Tyler's head, he urged his friend to open his eyes.

-

'I wonder what they're doing in there?' Sam asked. Charlie shrugged while Zach ignored the question and continued to fiddle with a yo-yo he had for some odd reason. 'Whatever it is, it's taking a while.'

'I thought he was giving Tyler a makeover,' Charlie said, trying to place his long hair in a ponytail, great emphasis on 'trying.'

'If he is,' Sam responded, 'it's taking longer than mine.'

'This is absurd,' Zach muttered. The string of his yo-yo was caught along his hands, though that wasn't the only reason for his anger. Who even was Spencer anymore? He fit too naturally into their female façade. Has he always been like this and Zach just never noticed? No, Spencer was a lot like Zach, he enjoyed talking about girls. Though, whenever they did talk about girls Spencer would usually just mention whatever they were wearing and whether their makeup complimented their face. Maybe Zach really didn't know his best friend.

The door to their dorm burst open and Spencer cheekily strolled out. He looked more mischievous that usual. 'Don't overreact,' he said quietly. 'Tyler's a bit sensitive to how he looks now, so don't act like jerks around him.' Spencer intentionally glared at Zach.

'What did you do to him in there?' Charlie asked.

'I crafted a kingdom,' Spencer squeaked. 'And here...is its princess.' Tyler strolled out immediately after, though was it even Tyler? None of the others could discern whether it was their new friend or just another girl.

She was the picture of a dark beauty. Her chocolate hair only reached her shoulders yet bounced upwards with immense volume at the back. A cute black hairband was situated nicely on her head, showing that she was dark yet playful. It was her eyes that caught everyone's attention. They were intense, piercing the hearts of men with the precision of a trained assassin. They looked hand-crafted, like a doll. Glass eyes beaming within pale, porcelain skin.

Her lips were dark yet vibrant, a type of brown that could only work on a girl like this, a gothic princess, a master of the emo scene. She smiled nervously with them, her perfect white teeth shattering the illusion that she was merely just a toy on a shelf, this doll was alive.

Her hand swept through her beautiful dark hair, her nails long and black, claws to rip and tear through any man that breaks her heart. Her clothes were the only clue that it was Tyler beneath the porcelain disguise, though even that aspect of the look had changed slightly.

The once sleek black tights had been swapped with fishnet stockings, complimented by a pair of shiny black pumps, attached to Tyler's legs with an ankle strap. The plaid pink skirt was color swapped to pitch black. The darkness had completely taken over.

'Wow,' was all any of the boys could muster, the intense dark beauty that stood before them was too much to handle.

'W-who are y-you?' Charlie managed to stammer, his own gothic looks now incredibly outclassed.

'It's me-' the girl said, but Spencer shushed him.

'She is our dark princess, the one who will lead us to become the best girls we can be. Everyone, meet Taylor Stanford. Bow to your superior.' Taylor was a little flustered by her entrance, so when Charlie did bow, she wasn't quite sure what to do. She caressed her new nails against the black choker strapped around her neck. The red jewel on her ring gleamed against the light. This new identity had completely taken over Tyler, as no more was that his name. Taylor had become the sole denizen of this body, she needed to be if they were going to shut down the co-ed project. Even still, she would enjoy her new name, new look, and new life. Taylor felt better than she ever had before.