33 - The Party: Part Three - Charlie

It didn't take long for Charlie to realize that parties weren't for him. Everyone was loud, everyone was making out, and everyone wanted nothing to do with the goth girl sitting alone in the middle of the games room. Charlie was glad about that. It meant he didn't have to interact with anyone but his own thoughts. Though, he enjoyed his brief encounter with one nerdy looking kid who sat beside him, looking for a chat.

'Would you care for a drink?' he asked, spit flying from his braces.

Charlie smiled at him, pouting his lips. He put his hand on the kids leg, slowly moving up to his privates where the kid was getting very excited. Before any load was blown, Charlie moved his face closer the boy's and whispered in his ear: 'I've got a penis too.'

After that, no other boys bothered Charlie. He quietly sipped his can of Pepsi in the games room, watching groups of friends play darts, foosball, and Mario Kart. He found it odd that, despite not caring about anything else, every half hour he wound find himself making a pilgrimage to the bathroom for the sole purpose of checking and adjusting his makeup.

He didn't know why he did it, or why he wanted to, but it gave him something to do other than being lonely on a night where nobody else was. Charlie eventually got bored watching other people have fun and moved downstairs where he found Alicia and Stephanie talking in the kitchen.

They didn't seem to appreciate his arrival, which pleased Charlie even more. 'What do you want?' Stephanie spat.

'Be nice,' Alicia interrupted, looking apologetic. 'She's just a bit upset at the moment.'

'Oh, do tell,' Charlie said, nudging up beside Stephanie who scoffed.

'It's personal and has nothing to do with you,' Stephanie answered. 'Go away.'

Alicia gave her a look that said, 'Did you not listen to me?' Alicia turned to Charlie. 'Actually, I have got something to talk to you about. It's about Tyler.'

'You mean Taylor?' Charlie corrected. 'Or Tyler, whatever the hell his or her name is at this moment in time. How many times has he switched so far tonight? Does Layla even by it?'

'Twice so far,' Stephanie answered. 'Bella's been helping him with makeup. The excuses weren't that bad initially, but he's running out of them. Layla's getting annoyed that they're constantly going back and forth. She might catch on soon if he doesn't make a decision soon.'

'I see no reason why he had to return as Taylor after the first switch?' Charlie said.

'I guess he really wants Layla to have both of her best friends appear throughout the night.'

'Why aren't you helping him?' Charlie asked Alicia. 'I thought you two were thick as thieves.'

Alicia looked nervous to answer. 'He's dug himself deep into a hole this time. It's not my job to help him with every problem.' The answer was sound, but years of acting experience told Charlie that all was not as it seemed. Alicia was lying, she was a good liar, but not good enough to fool the master himself.

Charlie wanted to pry, but now was not the time. Alicia looked pissed for some reason, and Stephanie appeared ready to come to her friend's defense no matter what. There was no way Charlie was getting any answers from them. Bella was his best bet.

Charlie said his goodbyes and searched around the mansion for Bella. His best chance would be to wait for when Tyler would switch, since Bella would likely be helping him in either a bathroom or her car. He spotted Tyler outside, sitting on a bench with Layla. He was dressed as Taylor currently, pretty convincingly as well. Layla looked none the wiser that Taylor was also her boyfriend. Charlie realized he could ruin their relationship instantly by going over and lifting up Tyler's skirt, but as much as liked to tease Tyler, he was still his friend.