11 - The Girl Within Spencer Harris

Spencer felt the most different from all of the boys. Tyler was a short-tempered testosterone machine, Sam was quiet, Charlie was a quick-witted jerk and Zach, well Zach was the exact opposite of what Spencer wanted to be.

Out of all the boys, he knew he had the most experience when it came to dressing as a girl. It wasn't the first time Spencer had worn a dress or heels or even had makeup on. Back home, he had a lot of time to himself. Most of that time was spent in his mother or sister's room trying on their clothes.

He loved female clothing. He had always been into his own personal style but discovering his love for crossdressing was like uncovering a whole new world. He had been crossdressing since he was eleven. His sister had band practice and his parents were still at work. Spencer had just beaten Super Mario Galaxy 2 and had time to kill. He wandered into his sister, Natalie's room since he knew she had a few Wii games. What he found instead was a new day dress her parents had bought her.

It was light pink and covered in polka dots. It looked really cute, and Spencer was infatuated by it. Locking the door behind him, he took off his clothes and put on the dress. His sister was only a year older and they were around the same size. It fit perfectly. He was very small for a boy, so it was only natural.

He twirled around in the dress. He thought he looked cute. He also looked a little like a girl. Most girls didn't have short hair, but it sort of fit. He found a pink hair band and placed it on his head. That made him look a lot more feminine.

He found some matching flats his sister hadn't worn in a while, and surprisingly, they fit, if a bit snug. He stayed in this outfit for an hour. He loved twirling in front of the mirror, mimicking cute poses in his sister's magazines. It was a day unlike any other, a day where everything changed for Spencer.

Ever since then, he took every opportunity to dress as a girl whenever his family was out. He didn't try makeup until he was thirteen. That day was another game changer. He had feigned being sick just to be home alone. As soon as his dad went to work, he rushed to his sister's room and found a dress she wore during a Valentine's day dance. It was a short red dress that came with a pair of matching heels. He had never worn these types of shoes before, so they took a bit to get used to.

He put on some black tights to complete the look, and once he looked in the mirror, he knew the look needed something else. A flare was missing from it, and he knew just what to ignite it with. He went to his parent's bathroom and rummaged through the many makeup bags his mother kept.

He slid a tube of red lipstick on his face. He was extra careful not to smudge any, and after a few minutes of practice, it was perfect, nearly. His hair needed to be longer, and he knew there were a few wigs lying around.

He found a sleek black wig and placed it over his head. He looked at himself in the mirror for what felt like an eternity. He couldn't look away, memorized by who was looking back at him. No more was he Spencer. There was another person within. A girl, cuter than a puppy, sweeter than a strawberry. Summer, he called her.

Spencer was the façade, Summer was his true identity. This was his secret, and he held it close to his heart, afraid to let her go.