it's never the wrong time for ice cream

"cookies and cream!" tendou yelled and ran into the ice cream shop. you and goshiki ran in behind him and nearly ran into the door.

semi had pulled you both back by the collars of your shirts just in time. "thank you semi-san!" goshiki thanked as you ran up to tendou.

"its eight in the morning. why are we eating ice cream?" ushijima asked.

"it's never the wrong time for ice cream." you said and looked at the many ice cream through the glass.

"it's a good thing coach even let us stop here." shirabu said and sat down in the booth.

"are you not getting anything?" semi asked him.

"no."

"your loss." he then walked over to you and looked at the flavors.

the other half of the team were still in the bus, not interested in ice cream or not wanting to get out of the bus.

"iwachan! can we get ice cream?" oikawa asked, noticing the ice cream parkour sign.

"it's eight."

"and?" iwaizumi looked over at oikawa. he always overworked himself and iwaizumi could never do anything about it so he decided to give oikawa this at the least.

iwaizumi turned into the parkour and parked his car on the opposite side that the bus was parked on.

you were jumping up and down, placing your hands on tendou's shoulder for balance as everyone decided on what they wanted.

you turned your head to the door when the bell rung and looked back at the cashier before whipping your head back at the door.

"iwaizumi?" you whispered and pulled out your phone. you looked through the groupchat's pictures and found the picture he sent when you first texted each other.

"y/n!" oikawa waved at you.

iwaizumi looked in your direction when he heard your name and froze when he saw you.

before you could take a step towards him you ran to ushijima and pushed him out the door.

everyone looked at you surprised and you shrugged. "did you want him to say oikawa you should have gone to shiratorizawa again?" everyone shook their heads.

"thank you y/n." oikawa said and walked up to the counter with the others.

"iwa!" you ran up to him and stopped right in front of him, not sure if he wanted even wanted a hug.

tendou walked past you and shoved you into iwaizumi who caught you before you could fall into the floor.

"hey." he said looking down at you.

"hi." you untangled yourself from him and the. wrapped your arms around him properly.

iwaizumi had his hands hovering over your back, looking at oikawa. oikawa rolled his eyes and hugged the air and nodded at you.

iwaizumi hugged you back after a few seconds and he found it more comfortable than he thought it would be.

"are you getting anything?" you asked once you guys stopped hugging.

"maybe." he looked over at the display case. "vanilla."

"iwa, theres 20 flavors here and you go for vanilla?" you asked.

"it's good though." iwaizumi pouted. your jaw dropped the smallest bit when you saw him pout and you just stared at him.

"y/n-chan!" oikawa got your attention and shoved a spoon in front of your face.

"what flavor is that?" you asked after you ate the ice cream from his spoon.

"strawberry."

"it's good." you took his ice cream bowl and started to eat from it.

"wait, don't eat all of it." oikawa whined and tried taking it back. "fine, i'll just get a new one." he walked off.

"hehe." you grinned and continued eating. "want some?" you asked at iwaizumi.

"sure." he opened his mouth and you placed the spoon in his mouth.

"ayo!" tendou cupped his hands around his mouth like a megaphone. "that's! indirect! kissing!"

you let go of the spoon so it was just hanging out of iwaizumi's mouth and grabbed a new one. 

"should i just sit in front of the window and eat in front of ushijima?" tendou asked looking out the window at his best friend.

"why?"

"to make him jealous." tendou smirked and sat down in the booth in front of the window and shoved a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

ushijima walked towards the door and opened it. "gah!" oikawa ran behind you and hid himself from ushijima.

"toshi give it a break." you said.

"ill just act like i didn't see him." ushijima closed his eyes and walked to the counter, ordering a chocolate ice cream. he always paid for it while still closing his eyes, accidentally handing the cashier a 20 instead of a 5.

"i question his sanity sometimes." semi said as you sat down in the booth. iwaizumi debated on whether he should sit next to you or not, but you tugged on his shirt telling him to sit down.

so he did.

while blushing.

you noticed the blush and poked his cheek causing him to blush even more. "stop it." iwaizumi mumbled.

he didnt mind you poking his cheek. he just didn't like the way he blushed so easily around you.

"aren't you guys on your way back to shiratorizawa?" oikawa asked.

"yeah, but coach let us stop here since he won." goshiki answered picking up a gummy bear from his ice cream and throwing it into his mouth.

oikawa nudged iwaizumi to move over so he could sit causing him bump into you. you just slid over closer to the window.

what the two of you didn't know was that oikawa was planning for the two of you to be sitting close. he kept sliding closer to iwaizumi to the point where you and iwaizumi's knees were touching.

neither of you bothered to move and oikawa was silently fangirling for the two of you.

"iwa, you're face is all red." you whispered to him so no one else could hear you.

"i know." iwaizumi looked away from you while using one hand to cover the bottom half of his face.

"it's cute." you smiled and continued to eat your ice cream like nothing happened while iwaizumi felt like his heart was going to fly out of his chest.

。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+
i'm trying so hard to make this iwaizumi CANON and not the fanon one bc fanon iwaizumi is something else-
MY SUNA STORY IS OUT AND I ALREADY WANT TO DELETE IT 😫
BUT GO READ IT ANYWAY