poor rubber hearts

"are you okay?" you turned your head to the lady sitting next to you. "your leg has been shaking quite a lot."

"oh yeah, i'm fine." you didn't even notice it was shaking. she gave you a smile and nodded.

you looked back at the volleyball court where shirzatorizawa was playing another school. a couple gyms away seijoh was playing karasuno.

the score was 22- 13 with shirzatorizawa in the lead. all they needed was three more points before the game could end.

and they got those three points quickly. you rushed down the stairs to congratulate the guys.

"you can go you know." tendou said, looking at you. "to your boyfriends game."

no need to tell you twice. you gave him a quick hug and ran off to the other gym where hajime was.

you watched the game over the railing, not bothering to sit down. so far the two teams were tied and it was oikawa's turn to serve.

a demon serve, slap someone's ass right off their body serve

you silently prayed for oikawa future lover

"hey." you looked over your shoulder and saw nothing there. "down." your eyes travelled down to see a guy standing next to you. "your leg is having like a seizure or something."

"it's fine." you said and stopped bouncing your leg again. you don't even realize that you do it, it just starts without you knowing.

there was a loud crash making you snap your head back to the court. oikawa just fell on top of the table after sending a set halfway across the court.

hajime jumped up and hit it, but the captain of the other team recieved it. you watched as hinata managed to get a spike that bounced off oikawa's arm before falling onto the floor.

the whole gym went quiet before the referee blew his whistle and a wave of cheers went off.

"hey coach wants you back." reon said, walking up to you. you were staring at hajime until he looked through the crowd and met your eyes.

not even after three seconds he looked away from you and down at the floor. "okay." you sent one last glance at him before leaving for the bus.

you sat found in your usual seat next to tendou and had you phone out to text hajime.

hey

no answer. the question was do you spam him or not spam him. answer... yes.

hi
hey hey hey
hello
hihi
heyo
boyfriend
matching ring buddy
bubs
baby
hajime

you stopped spamming him to send one more text.

well you're probably not even on your phone but just so you know i'm proud of you and i'll be here when you wanna talk

hajime could feel his phone in his back pocket going off with text messages every second until it stopped.

seijoh was at a restaurant and he was thinking back at the game and what he did wrong. he was barely active in the conversation and didn't realize what was happening until people were standing up to leave.

the third years left the second and first years while they went to the gym. hajime took his phone out of his pocket and dropped it into his bag.

the team spent at least an hour and a half in the gym until the janitor came in and said it was time for him to clean up.