Alone Together

Steven and Amethyst are dancing near the warp pad, trying to practice for fusing. Pearl, Rose, and Garnet are watching.

Pearl: "A 5, 6, 7, 8!"

Amethyst and Steven begin dancing, but sloppily.

Pearl: "Synchronize!"

They try again as Steven falls. They both start laughing.

Pearl: "Be serious."

The other gems try to help Steven try to fuse but with no success.

Steven: "I don't get it. I thought I almost had it."

Pearl: "Nobody expects you to be able to perform fusion right away Steven."

Amethyst: "Yeah! It's hard for me."

Garnet: "Not for me."

Rose: "Everyone has trouble fusing for the first time, you'll get it down in no time Steven."

Pearl: "We will keep working on the dance for now. And who knows?"

Pearl: "... I do wonder though; if Steven's body is even capable of fusion. Fusion merges the physical form of gems, but Steven is half human. He's organic."

Steven: "Organic?"

Rose: "Organic or not I believe Steven can do it. He's got my gem."

Amethyst: "Plus, it's Steven! Who knows what's gonna happen?"

Garnet: "I believe in him too."

Later, Connie and Steven are on the beach together.

Connie: "Can you get them to write out the steps?"

Steven: "No, I don't think it's about the dancing, when they fuse they like, glow and kind of phase into each other. I don't think I can even do that."

Connie: "Well I think its amazing you were able to dance with them at all. I could never do that."

Steven: "Huh? What do you mean?"

Connie: "Well I've never danced in front of anyone before."

Steven: "Really?"

Connie: "Yeah. There was this dance at my school, and I was really excited about it, but i just couldn't bring myself to go. I just couldn't stop thinking about everyone staring at me..." 

Steven: "Well... No ones staring right now." As Steven stares at her.

Connie: "Um... You are."

Steven: "Oh. Yeah. One sec-"

Steven brings out his phone and starts playing some music.

Steven: "So, what I was trying to say was..." Steven stands up and offers his hand. "Come dance with me."

Connie joins in and they start playfully dancing around. Steven starts falling while Connie catches him. They both begin to laugh before Steven's gem starts glowing!

They open their eyes to them looking at their feet.

Stevonnie: "Whoa... Why am I- Why is... your sandal too small for my- your feet?"

Stevonnie: "Steven. Connie! I-I did it! You did it? Wait." Stevonnie tries moving and falls trying to get up.

Stevonnie: "This- No. This is... Great!" Stevonnie stands up fully.

Stevonnie: "Oh my gosh! Look at you now!"

Stevonnie: "... I'm a fusion."

Stevonnie begins laughing while running around before falling again.