10

Shehnaaz found it easy to mingle with the Creators. Everyone were so nice and friendly with her. None of them made her feel like a new comer. Sidharth too was friendly, but a little serious, she felt. Anyway, she found good friends in Martin and Tanu.

She sat along with Tanu and Martin for lunch.

Yeh Sidharth, hamesha akela baitke khata hei kya?

She asked curiously. Even though he was friendly with everyone, she found him a little weird.

Wo normally lunch tho name sake hi karte dhe. Abb teri wajah se proper kha rahe hei. Lekin pata nhi kyu akele baite hei!

Tanu said.

Martin took a spoon full of pasta into his mouth.

I have already told you Sana, only English!

Shehnaaz made an irritated face glaring at him, but he remained same.

Why are you sitting with us? .. Go and join your friend na!!

She said glaring at him.

He turned his face towards her with a naughty look.

Kuch zyada hi chinta ho rahi hei uska??  Kya hei madam??

His comment made Tanu giggle. Shehnaaz rolled her eyes and got up finishing her lunch.

Ha haa... Jao jao.. Jaake dekho apne Sidharth ko!!

Shehnaaz turned to him raised her hand as if to hit him.

Chittar khayega tu aaj mere haat se! I respect him a lot. Iska koi dusra matlab kyu nikalta hei tu hamesha?

Kya kare Sana, bhaiya ko sirf yahi dikhta hei har jaga. Manufacturing defect hei.

Tanu teased him and ran from their laughing. Shehnaaz too joined her.

...

Sidharth closed his lunch box after having the last piece of his meal. He got up hearing the knock on the door. He didn't need to check it, because he knows that it will be Shehnaaz to collect the lunch box from him.

She smiled at him and walked into the cabin.

Kaisa dha aaj ka lunch?

She asked taking the box and moved towards the washroom to clean them. Sidharth waited near her till she completes it.

Batao na.. Kaisa dha?

She made a cute pout waiting for his reply. It has become a regular thing foe them. She would make some new dishes everyday and he should give his genuine opinion about it.

He grinned widely and walked back to his seat.

Acha dha..

She giggled as she got his complement. This was a routine.

Sidharth forwarded the bag of the lunch box to her. She kept the box in the bag and turned to leave. That question was still roaming in her mind. Should she ask?
As she reached near door, she turned towards him with a nervous face.

Ek baat puchu, bura tho nhi lagega?

Introduction ki zarootat nhi hei. Pucho jo puchna hei?

He said getting up from his seat and went near her. He took the support of the wall to stand and crossed his arms around his chest.

Aap lunch akele bait ke kyu khate ho?

He didn't expected such a question from her. Sidharth rubbed his neck and thought for a moment. Actually, he too had no answer for that. On first day, it was just a coincidence, but from the next day he had deliberately done it.

Aah.. May be I like that way.

He said raising his shoulder.

Aapko loneliness itna pasand kyu hei?

Huh??

He was surprised by her sudden questioning. She had barely talked to him everyday other than about her lunch.

As seeing the change in expression on his face, she bit her lower lip in tension.

Haaye kuch zyada hi puch liya!

She thought and blamed herself.

I'm sorry. Bye.

She ran from there immediately without waiting for his answer. He was left confused there itself.

Am I really loving this loneliness?

He asked himself and a tear left from his eyes. Even having a good amount of people who loves him around him, he felt alone. Like a child lost in a fair.

He went back to his seat and opened the drawer which had his family pic. He caressed his mother's face anf kept it back.

..

The next day, when she reached her office, she found everyone a little bit lazy.

She went near Tara and whispered.

Aaj kya hogaya sabko?

Kuch nhi Sid bhaiya phir se bhaag gaya.

Shehnaaz raised her eyebrows instantly at Tanu.

What? Matlab??

Tanu got up from her seat after collecting some files and moved towards the storeroom.

Kya? Yeh tho roz ka hei. He will be back after a few weeks.

Tanu replied casually while keeping them in the rack. Shehnaaz, who followed her to the storeroom left from there without saying anything further. She looked at the lunch box, she had carried for him and then kept it near her table, taking a sigh. It was her first day in Pune without him. All other days, she had a confidence that he was around her on a call away. And today she felt like she lost that security.

She continued her job, but her eyes were sneakily looking at the lunch box near her.

As the lunch time came, she excused herself and got into the washroom. She took out her phone from her pocket after closing the door. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. Wrinkles had formed on her face. Was she worried for him?

His number reminded switched off and she was feeling uneasy. Her protector was no longer around her.

..

Kya hua? Tu kuch kha kyu nhi rahi hei?

Martin asked they all sat in a big round to have their lunch.

Everyones attention was dragged to her. She looked around and saw them waiting for her answer.

Stomach pain hei.

She lied without thinking much. She needed to get rid off further questions.

Doctor ke paas jana hei?

Martin was worried for her.

Nhi nhi.. Bass dhoda sa hi hei.. I think I will finish here.

She got up from there immediately to make it less awkward.

...

Sidharth stood in front of the dhaba on the highway near a village.

Roti aur daal bass.

Sidharth ordered.

He sat on the chair and stared at the food as it arrived for sometime. She had made a bad habit for him now, of having a luxurious lunch. Yeah, even it was a simple kichdi, he felt it like royal.

After completing the lunch and again resumed his journey.

================================

Please vote comment and share.