23

Baby!! Are you there??

He whispered again as she didn't respond.

Haa..Sidharth!

I am sorry baby, maine call nhi kiya tujhe waha se aane ke baad.. How are you? Pain tho nhi horaha?

No Sidharth.. Abb it's fine.. Aap sorry mat bolo.

Aise kaise? Galti ki hei tho sorry bolna banta hei. After all you are my..........

Shehnaaz waited eagerly for him to complete his words. But, he seemed to be silent.

Sidharth??

She shook her head blushing lightly.

......

Sidharth bit his bottom lip softly sitting on the chairs in his cabin. He clearly remembered the blunder he was about to create last night. So, he had no courage to visit her or call her on the morning. He called Savita and enquired about her health.

On the other hand, Shehnaaz was completely lost in his thoughts. She has never seen him drunken, but that two calls, those portrayed a different color of Sidharth. She wanted to know that Sidharth. As she expected, he didn't came to meet her on that day. She heard Savita talking with Sidharth over the phone and smiled remembering that late night conversation.

She entered the library of Lokesh and ran her fingers through the novels on those shelves. After sometime, she picked up a book -  deep down in the ocean from that. Laying on her bed she flipped through the pages.

     The book depicted the deep emotions of Haris Muhammad, an indian who got trapped in a mafia in America. Though he wishes to come out of that his circumstances pulls him back. On the days he lost all his hopes, he meets an American musician, Hanna Walton.

Shehnaaz was completely engrossed in the story. She didn't realize when it turned dark outside. She flipped the last page.

Hanna hugged Haris standing on the lobby of airport. He wanted to hug her tightly, but he couldn't find the courage. He didn't deserved her.

"You are free Haris. Now you can live your dreams. No one can stop you."

She said smiling brightly.

He nodded smiling.

" It is all because of you, Hanna. You gave me the hope and courage to fight back. I can never thank you enough. "

"Won't you return back Haris? "

Her voice shook as she spoke. She couldn't imagine a life without him. But, he had never reciprocated her to feelings.

"Why should I ?"

He whispered and turned his back to her. He wanted to move faster asap, but his legs weren't moving.

Hanna couldn't control more as he walked away. She ran behind him and hugged him from back.

" for us!! "

Tears rolled down from Shehnaaz cheeks as she read further. Haris who tried to hide away from his feelings for long had to surrender at last in front of her love. It is always love that wins.
  Shehnaaz wiped her tears and stared at the picture of Sidharth in her phone with a sad pout. Did they deserved a chance too??

....

Sidharth just scrolled through his gallery and recollected his travelling memories with a smile. He was amused by the fact that he hasn't went out of the town for last few months. He must have completed a number of trips in that interval, but now even after a late night conferences, he came back so that he doesn't miss the office next day.

He knew the real reason deep inside but suppressed those not to repeat the history. He can't be the reason for ruining anyone 's life.

He picked up the call instantly, seeing her name displayed on the phone.

Aaahhh Sidharth!! Its paining badly!!

She screamed on the other end.

Sidharth jerked off from his seat immediately.

Haa baby, I coming! Just wait!

He hang up the phone and rushed out of his cabin.

........

Sidharth stopped the car in a jerk and ran towards her room.

Sir, aap waha kaha jaa rahe ho?? Madam tho baiti hei!

Sidharth took a deep breath placing his hands on hips. He looked angrily towards Shehnaaz who was siting on Lokesh's garden chair with a scoop of ice cream in her hand. He strolled towards her fast.

What was that Shehnaaz??

He shouted staring into her eyes.

Shehnaaz gulped down a spoon of ice cream seeing his angry face. The angry Sidharth was a rare sight for all,  but the most fearful. She slowly bend down and touched her feet.

Yaha.. Yaha pain dha... Sach meim.. Lekin ab chala gaya.

She said stammering fearing his reaction.

Seriously??

He sat in front her and pulled her leg on his lap and turned it to either side. Shehnaaz closed her eyes tightly as she was ready to get scolded by him for faking the pain.

Kaha Shehnaaz??

He asked again as he found those moments doesn't affect her at all.

Wo.. Yaha... Nhi yaha.

She blabbered trying to fix a spot on her leg. Sidharth rolled his eyes and got up from there.

Do you have any idea...!! Aah leave it!!

He was completely in tension till he reached there and here she was playing with him. He turned to leave, only to feel a tight grip around his stomach.

Sorry!! I was missing you since two days.. Tu aaya hi nhi mujhse milne!

He felt her breath on her back. It sent shivers down his nerves. She was so close to him. He turned towards her immediately and tried to hug her back. But, his hands left his wish on halfway. His hands remained in air. He felt like he would break the delicate art of glass, if he would touch her.

Shehnaaz has finally found courage after getting inspired by Henna Walton. But, got disappointed as he didn't hugged her back nor he replied her. She slowly loosened her grip, feeling rejected and looked away instantly.

He could see that pain in her eyes, but what was he supposed to do? He too wanted to hug her. But those happiness weren't meant for him. He can't ruin her life. Yes! He was getting it slowly.. What he meant for her. But, he doesn't deserved her. Did she deserved this pain then??

She walked away slowly as he remained silent. She was feeling uneasy. Was she over exaggerating his feelings? Was she just a friend for him?

Sidharth followed her into the house silently. He was having a turmoil in his mind. The war between his mind and heart. Who was supposed to win??

================================

Please vote comment and share