19

What??

He asked calmly as he saw Shehnaaz staring at him bewildered. He placed the box on the table and waited for her to reply.

Wo.. Kriti, she.. Didn't she came?

Shehnaaz asked in total confusion.

Sidharth passed a smirk on her.

....

Move away Kritika!

He shouted on top of his voice. She moved back in a jerk. She never expected this from him. He was always gentle with her.

I haven't asked you for this, and will never ask that in future too!!

He said in anger pointing towards the tray.

And one more thing, never indulge in my personal matters. You are just an employee here and be that!! Don't try to misuse the freedom I am giving to you guys. Got it??

He was surely friendly with everyone, but never allowed anyone to cross the limit and never made them a part of his personal life. They always reminded professional relationship expect for a few.

Kritika felt humiliated standing in front of him. She was about to get out of his cabin, when he stopped her.

Take this and leave. And be professional.

She had no courage to look at his face. She took the tray and left from there immediately.

Sidharth too came out of the cabin in search of Shehnaaz. He felt irritated as Shehnaaz didn't deny Kriti from taking her position. This was the right which he had given only to her and she didn't even realize it.

Seeing her sitting alone in the dining area with the lunch box, he folded his fist. He thought that she would be with him for every lunch. It was the hope given by her for him from yesterday and here, she was sitting alone and having her lunch. He rushed towards her and grabbed her lunch box. Without waiting for her concern, he had it.

...

Shehnaaz narrowed her eyebrows feeling something fishy.

Shehnaaz, do you think it's a burden to bring lunch for me too?? Then I am ok with it! But, please don't assign anyone else for this.

He spoke his heart out without waiting for her reply.

She never thought something like that. She was always excited to cook for him and here he was misunderstanding her.

Sid..

He didn't let her speak and continued.

I know you must have got bored of trying different flavors for me. I am sorry.

He didn't knew why he felt so guilty for taking that much freedom with her. He felt like it was his mistake for forgetting who he was! He was a free bird, who had no attachment with anything in this world. No one could affect him. He should not have any weakness. Let her bring lunch or not, it shouldn't be his concern.

He was fighting with his own feelings. He didn't knew what to say further. It was better to avoid the situation than facing it. He walked out of the room immediately.

Shehnaaz stood there rooted without understanding what was happening. Why was he apologizing?

It was Kritika who asked her to not bring lunch for him! It was never her fault. She sat there biting her nail and looked at the empty box and left a chuckle. She was about to move to canteen, when Vidyut called her for an urgent discussion. She took the box and left with him.

...

Sidharth walked out of his cabin with his bag in his one hand. As out of his habit, he just looked at her cubicle at the thought that she must have already left. For his surprise, she still there, but was resting her head on table. He went near her immediately.

Shehnaaz, what happened??

He asked slightly jerking her.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked around. Suddenly she realized that she was still at office and got up from the chair.

Ooh.. Mujhe pata hi nhi chala kab aankh band hogayi.

She spoke hurriedly collecting her stuffs.

But, why do you look so pale??

He asked in worry.

Wo lunch ki naa aaj.. Shayad isiliye.

She spoke in the flow, but bit her tongue realising her dumbness.

He hitted his hand on his head feeling guilty. It was his mistake. He grabbed her hand immediately and dragged her with him to his car.

Sidharth, itna kuch nhi hei... I'm ok.

She said trying to free her hand from his. But, he was in no mood to listen. He needed to rectify his mistake.

Sorry Sana, I didn't even asked you that time.

He apologized as he made her sit in the passenger seat. But, her mind was stuck on 'Sana'. He called her Sana for the first time!! Red color grew on her cheeks. She was blushing hard. But, he wasn't noticing it. He was in guilt.

..

Hr stopped the car in front of a five star restaurant. Her mouth stuck open, seeing the huge entrance to the place. The tables and chairs were so royal that she was so hesitant to sit. He held her hand and nodded her to sit next to him. She sat hesitantly at the edge of the chair.

He chuckled seeing her nervousness.

Sit properly baba. Nhi tho gir jaayegi.

She smiled in red. The names he was calling her all of a sudden where difficult for her to digest. She sat properly.

What will you have?

He asked passing the menu to her. She ran her eyes through that, but half of the dishes were unknown to her.

Kuch bhi, tum hi choose karlo.

She said giving that back to him.

Kyu?

He asked narrowing his eyes. She was totally nervous sitting in that hotel. He understood it.

Ok, now it's my chance to treat you with my taste na! Here you go!

He said excitedly and ordered a few things which she couldn't even remember those names.

The colourful meal, with great aroma filled her heart and stomach immediately. She passed a pleasant smile at him.

Sidharth, I want to say something.

She spoke playing with her fingers.

Haa bolo!

His heart beat raised.

I didn't asked Kriti to bring food for you. It was her wish. I thought that you would also like that. And it's never a burden for me to cook for, even I love that.

She always loved it. Even today, without serving him, she wasn't feeling to have her lunch. She wouldn't have had it, even if hadn't snatched it from her.

Sidharth's face brightened. The thought he wasn't a burden for her made his heart to pump more blood. He was smiling ear to ear.

Thank you.

He held her hand tightly, which was placed on the table. She smiled back. Their eyes locked. What was it?? They were sensing something new, which were foreign to them. Anyways, it felt awesome.

================================

Please vote comment and share