22

He switched off the TV and took his keys. Her heart ached as he stood up from the couch. He directly went to the kitchen and she sat there silently till he came back with his mobile phone.

Phone kitchen meim dha.

He said with a smile. Suddenly, the calling bell ringed and Sidharth went to opened the door, while Shehnaaz sat there staring at him.

Sir, meim Savita.

A lady in her mid forties stood there with a bag of clothes. Sidharth nodded and welcomed her.

Shehnaaz, she is Savita. Aaj se, she will be here, till uncle and aunty come back.

Shehnaaz just tried to smile looking at the lady.

Koi tension na lo madam, meim sab kuch sambhaalungi. Aap dono keliye chai lau?

Savita spoke confidently and got into the kitchen as soon as she got the response.

Silence filled the room immediately. Sidharth stood near the couch looking away, while Shehnaaz stared at the floor. They knew what should happen next. He must bid bye to her. At last, it wasn't his place. But, it was difficult for them.

Sidharth sipped the last drop of tea and looked at her. She was staring into the cup in her hand which was already empty.

I think I should leave now.

Sidharth spoke leaving a soft sigh. Ahe just nodded back without looking at him. She was expecting too much from him.

What happened? Why are you looking so dull?

He needed to her smiling before leaving the place. He has appointed Savita, only to take care of her and he wanted her to feel better by this.

Nothing Sidharth, I am just missing them.

She lied looking at the picture of Janaki and Lokesh. He patted on her cheeks before getting up.

Ok then, take care. If you need anything, I am just a call away.

She nodded blinking her eyes and got up. She didn't wanted him to leave, but she had no right to stop him too. She slowly walked behind him till the door, until he turned back.

She stood there rooted as he pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead. He went from there immediately without waiting for her response. He cursed him again for getting weak.

.....

He slipped the third glass of Whiskey and stared at the picture in his hand. He smirked remembering how sneakily he took that one picture of her from her room. He was realising what was happening with him, he wasn't that dumb. She was affecting him like anything. He was completely shaken by seeing her in pain. She never deserved pain. She must be happy always. But, was it with him?? Never!! He can never be the reason for her happiness. He can never make her happy. He wasn't less than his father for handling responsibilities. Both failed miserably in that.

Sidharth had never hated his father. But always felt that his only mistake was getting married to an innocent lady who had a lot of dreams. Rakesh was never meant to be married. Even though his parents pressurized him, hr should have reminded adamant on his stand rather than spoiling Maya's life. And the son he gave to her was just like him.

Sidharth loved his mother to no end, but had always taken for granted. That night when he quarrelled with his mother and left with his father, he had no idea that was going to be his last moment with his mother.

....

You are late Sid..

Lokesh whispered patting on his shoulder, who stood near the cold dead body of Maya. A drop of tear left from his eyes and searched for his father. Rakesh stood at the door emotionless. Sidharth ran towards him and hugged him tightly, but there was no response. Sidharth loosened his grip and stared at his father's face. At last, Rakesh gathered the courage and spoke.

My only mistake was marrying her and ruining her completely.. I won't be able to forgive myself for this... Sid, never be like your dad. Never be the reason of ruining someone's life.

That was the last words he heard from Rakesh as he walked away for the last time.

....

Sidharth gulped one more glass of alcohol and put that picture into the drawer. He can't be the reason her sadness. He walked towards his bed and curled up in the bed, hugging the pillow.

...

Madam, saab aap ko leke bahut caring hei na... Bachara jaana hi nhi chalta dha!!

Savita spoke while cleaning the table, which made Shehnaaz blush.

Wo sabko leke aisa hi hei.. Aur aapko kyu laga ki wo nhi jaana chahta dha?

She tried to cover up.

Ooho madam.. Meine yeh boyfriend girlfriend wala lafda bahut dekhi hei. Meim jaha pichle mahine kaam kar raha dhana, wo ek aise logom ke jaga dhe.. Lekin kya kare, pichle mahine dono ka breakup hogaya aur mera kaam bhi the end hogaya!

She said rolling her eyes as it was a regular scenario for her.

Wo meri boss hei, not my boyfriend.

Shehnaaz said looking down.

Savita shrugged her shoulders and want back to the kitchen with the plates.

.....

Kya wo sach meim jaana nhi chahta dha kya???

She thought twisting in her bed.

Ek baar call bhi nhi ki usne, wo insaan jaana nhi chahta dha!! Bullshit!

She pouted angrily looking at the phone. Then blushed instantly remembering the hug. She pulled the teady bear near to her and hugged it tightly. Placing a kiss on its nose she smiled widely. She caressed its cheeks and pulled it softly.

Kuta.. Call bhi nhi karta!!

She huffed and slept there.

After sometime, savita came into her room and checked her foot. After applying some ointment, she went back to her room.

It was 2.30 in the morning when she was woken up from her sleep with the vibrations from her phone. The caller ID made her reminded her about the last night conversation from one side. She attended the call immediately.

Baby..

He whispered softly.

================================

Please vote comment and share