18

Sidharth woke up early today and hit his gym. He felt so fresh after having a sound sleep. After getting freshened up, he directly went to City hospital. Yesterday, Martin informed him about Tanu's mother's health. He felt guilty for doubting Martin. He had hugged him tightly and apologized for his rudeness.

On reaching City hospital, he met Tanu and her parents. He met the doctor later and informed them that he will deal with all financial matters. He also requested them to keep it to themselves.

While driving back to office, he remembered those days. He always took his mother for granted as his father did. As he became older he slowly started to get close to his father, who used to visit them rarely. His fascinating stories about his trips around world always made the child excited to be like him. He didn't realized when he had started to hurt his mother, on the way to loving his father. But, Maya always suppressed her pain. She made sure that he didn't lack any of the facilities that his friends enjoyed.

The loud sound of horn from the car behind his, brought him out of the past. He saw the red signal was gone and the green was shining bright. He turned the steering to the left.

...

Shehnaaz was expecting to meet Sidharth at the entrance as usual, but felt dissapointed as he wasn't there. It had been almost two hours, but there was no sign of Sidharth. She saw Kriti, who was excitedly having fun with her friends. Sighing softly she turned and looked at her bag. It felt so small today, as it had only a lunch box inside. Soon, Martin called her to his cabin along with Aman to discuss about the Kapoor's project. She took the files related to it and moved to his cabin.

...

As Sidharth got into the building, he sneakily checked out whether Shehnaaz was in her place. He frowned as he saw her seat empty, but smiled widely as he heard her giggles from Martin's cabin. He marched towards his cabin instantly and called Martin.

Martin, we should discuss about the new project.

Ok, we were already discussing that. Anyways, I will join you there.

Martin said as he was about to close the file.

Ooh.. You guys are already in, then I will join you all in your place.

Sidharth got up from his seat immediately and rushed to Martin's cabin. Standing outside his cabin, Sidharth composed himself to be normal and slowly opened the door ans smiled looking at them.

He sat next to Martin after patting on his shoulder and stole a glance of Shehnaaz.

Look at this man!! I think she is best in this.

Martin forwarded the file prepared by Shehnaaz proudly to Sidharth. Shehnaaz stood there nervously as it was the first time, she was doing something independently. Sidharth checked the file and smiled in agreement to Martin.

Sana!! Kriti is calling you!

Jasmin said standing at the doorway. She looked at Martin and he rolled his eyes.

Okey, you may leave.

Martin said and Shehnaaz left immediately with a withdrawn face. Sidharth sat there confused as he had no idea about her friendship with Kriti.

Martin, who always gave his work the first place, immediately dragged others back to the project. Sidharth sat there feelings slightly disappointed, the reason was almost unknown to him.

...

After the hectic schedule, Sidharth really needed a break. He sat in the cabin waiting for Shehnaaz to join him for lunch. He somewhere expected that she will join him as yesterday. To his shock, this time, Kriti entered with a tray having some dishes in it, which he didn't cared to look at.

What are you doing here Kriti??

He asked raising his eyebrows.

It's lunch time Sid. Come, let's have it.

She said placing the tray on the table and blushed looking at him.

I didn't asked you to bring it.

He said trying to control his anger.

You don't even have to ask it to me, Sid!

He turned towards the door frustrated and waited for Shehnaaz to enter.

What are waiting for Sid? Come na!

Kriti went near and held his biceps to drag him with her.

Leave me Kriti! Shehnaaz must have already brought my lunch.

Kriti giggled confidently.

I have already informed her. She hasn't brought it today. And may be from today.

Sidharth glared at her immediately.

What so you mean??

He asked sternly making himself free from her hands.

What? I have told her not to bring it from today onwards, since I am going to prepare it for you.

She said trying to catch his hands, but he pulled them back.

Come on Sid!!! Itna kya bhaav kha raha hei tu?? Chal, it's the best food that you are going to have in your entire life. Kal se tu hi request karega mujhe, to prepare these for you.

She pointed towards the tray on the table, getting slightly frustrated as he wasn't responding the way she expected.

...

Shehnaaz opened her bag and took out the lunch box. She slowly walked towards the dining area and sat on the empty table. Martin was on a date,  which made her more lonely that day. She slowly opened the box and the smell of the Hydrabadi biriyani filled her nose. But, not her heart. She stared at the food for sometime and was about to close it, when she felt someone's stare on her.

Her eyes remained wide open. He was supposed to be with Kriti on a lunch date, according to Kriti. Before she could ask something, he dragged s chair close to her and took the lunch box in his hands. Glaring at her for the last time, he took a morsel of biriyani into his mouth. Closing his eyes, enjoying the food, he felt peace, he felt at home.

The smile on his face automatically brought a smile on her face too. He didn't even cared to look at her as he hungrily had the complete biriyani, without leaving a bite for her. But, what happened there in the cabin?? She was totally confused.

================================

Please vote comment and share