Chapter 5 - Secrets

"Buck!" Hen calls from across the bar, walking in his direction.

"Oh shit." Buck mumbles to himself as Hen and Chimney make their way over. He tries to cover his face.

"I'm sorry. I tried to stop her." Chimney says, squeezing through the crowd of people.

"Evan? Who are they?" the girl asks, looking over at him.

"Uhh... Well... This is Hen and that is Chimney." Buck points to them. He takes a long sip of his beer and tries to avoid saying anything else.

"And who do we have the pleasure of meeting, Buck?" Hen smirks. She looks over at the girl, and waves.

"Well... This is Jenny." Buck says as he looks down.

"And...?" Hen prods.

"And I am his girlfriend." Jenny smiles, leaning her back against Buck's chest.

"Ohh so that's why Buck has been so happy around the station recently." Chimney smirks as he nudges Buck's shoulder with his elbow. Buck shakes his head and finishes off his drink and waves the bartender down to get him another.

"Buck why didn't you tell us? You always tell us." Hen says.

"Since you now know, I'll tell you why I didn't tell you... But you can't tell anyone." Buck says in a hushed tone.

The next day everyone is quiet around the 118. "Ok... What is going on here? Is this all because of Addie? Because if it is, you guys don't have to be careful around me. We talked about it. We're good." Bobby says as he walks up the stairs to the loft.

"Uh uh. Nope. That's not it." Hen says as she stares at her bowl of cereal.

"Seriously. What's up?" Bobby asks as he sets down a bag of groceries.

"Why don't you ask Buck." Chimney says as he stares at the wall.

"Buck?" Bobby looks over to Buck who is sitting in the corner.

"Ok fine... I... I have a girlfriend." Buck says without looking up.

"Oh. Well that's not too bad." Bobby smiles.

"He's not done." Hen says.

"Uh, yeah... She... She's kind of Abby's niece..." Buck shrugs.

"Abby... You mean the Abby that used to be a 911 dispatcher? Like, your ex-girlfriend Abby?" Eddie asks.

"Yes." Buck says quietly.

"Well that's not quite where I thought that was going... But I am happy for you nonetheless." Bobby says.

"Why don't you bring her out to the bar with us tonight?" Eddie asks.

"I mean... I guess I could ask her." Buck says, finally looking up.