Chapter 77 - Dream

"What do you think happened?" Buck whispers as he, Eddie, and Hen stand outside the doors of the emergency room.

"What do you mean?" Hen looks at him. They hadn't gone inside since arriving at the hospital. 

"Like, why do you think Athena wasn't with her?" Buck asks.

"I really don't know..." Eddie says.

"I mean... I have an idea..." Hen sighs.

"What?" Buck looks over.

"Don't you remember the last time she dealt with an armed suspect? She almost died. She probably got a little freaked out." Hen looks at the ground.

"You don't think that she..." Eddie looks at him.

"That she panicked and didn't want to go? Maybe." Hen says, "Poor Athena... I wonder how she's doing... She probably feels terrible."

"I mean, it wouldn't have been her fault though." Buck says.

"You're right... But Addie and Bobby were both already worried that it might eventually happened... What if Addie doesn't want anything to do with her anymore?" Hen looks at them.

"You don't think Addie blames Athena... Do you?" Eddie asks.

"I don't know." Hen looks over at the window.

"...oh..." Buck sighs and looks through the window to see Chimney still pacing back and forth.

"We should probably go talk to him." Eddie takes a deep breath.

"I'll go." Hen says as she walks into the hospital.

"Hen." Chimney cries as he sees her.

"Hey, it's alright, Chimney." Hen walks over and gives him a hug.

"But what if it's not?" Chimney cries into her shoulder.

"You know that you can't think like that, Chim. You need to stay positive for her, alright?" Hen looks at him. His eyes are filled with tears.

"It's so hard, though... What will happen to me and Kevin if she doesn't make it?" Chimney puts his hand to his face.

"You can't think like that, Chim. We know that she's alive and that's all we can focus on right now. Addie is alive." Hen gives him a half smile.

"We're supposed to be getting married in three weeks, Hen." Chimney looks at the ground.

"I know, Chimney, and you still can." Hen puts her hand on his shoulder.

"Hen. She's been dreaming of this day. I don't want her to be sad or hate the wedding." Chimney sighs.

"Let's not worry about that right now. Let's just worry about her getting better, alright?" Hen pulls him back into a hug.