Chapter 59 - Baby

"Oh hey! Cap and Athena are back." Eddie points to the door as Bobby and Athena enter back into the hospital. Eddie and Hen stand up.

"What was the big news?" Hen asks as Bobby and Athena walk up.

"Is Buck awake?" Bobby asks, looking around.

"Well, that didn't answer my question... But yes, he is in recovery. We should be able to go see him at any minute." Hen says, "So what is the big news?"

"I didn't answer your question because Chimney and Addie want to be the ones to tell you. All of you, together. So once we can go back to see Buck, I will call Addie and let her know that they can come in." Bobby says.

"Why does it feel like it's bad news?" Eddie asks, "This feels like when I was a little kid and my mom and pop would gather us all at the dinner table to tell us someone died or something."

"We promise, it is not bad news." Athena's eyes twinkle as she smiles.

"Are you sure?" Hen laughs.

"Family of Evan Buckley?" a nurse calls as she steps out into the waiting room.

"That's us!" Eddie steps forward.

"You can come back to see him now." the nurse says as she leads them all back to Buck's room.

"I'll text you the room number." Athena smiles back at Bobby. He gives her a thumbs up as he holds his phone up to his ear.

"Hi." Buck says quietly as Eddie, Hen, and Athena enter the room, "Where are Bobby, Chimney, and Addie?" He looks around.

"They will be here in just a minute." Athena says.

"What happened?" Buck asks, looking at Eddie.

"You got a little feisty when the doctors tried to stitch up your neck. They put you under anesthesia to prevent you from hurting them and yourself." Eddie laughs and places his hand on the top of Buck's head.

"Yeah... You were crying like a baby." Hen smirks, right as there is a gentle knock on the door.

"Come in." Eddie says.

"Hey, everyone." Bobby says softly as he enters the room, followed by Addie and Chimney, who is holding the little baby.