she comes home from tour

Soyeon felt the weight of the world on her shoulders lift as soon as she walked through the door. It was warm in the house, quiet and dark because it was well after one in the morning and you were sound asleep at this hour.

But she didn't mind at all. She still felt so giddy to be home, so excited that her heart was pounding in her chest at the mere thought of being able to hold you and kiss you again, at last.

She checked to make sure the door was locked behind her before she quietly slipped off her shoes by the door. She shrugged off her jacket and dropped it onto her suitcase. She made her way to the stairs and down the hall to your room. The floorboard creaked under her step, but she didn't pay any mind to it.

You, however, were struggling to sleep tonight and the creak of the floorboard and footsteps on the floor leading to your room almost made you jump out of your skin.

Curious, and a little frightened, you crept to the door and peeked out through the crack. You jumped when you saw Soyeon staring back at you, taking both of you by surprise.

"Soyeon!" you groaned as you laid your hand over your fast-beating heart. But when it sank in that you saw her face, and that it wasn't through the screen of your laptop or your phone, it seemed like your heart only began to beat harder and faster against your chest.

You opened the door and saw your girlfriend standing there, right in front of you. She had a big smile on your face; that smile you adore so much and you've spent the last two months wishing that you could see face to face again, instead of during a skype call or through an Instagram post.

"Soyeon?" You spoke in disbelief, reaching out to touch her.

She beat you to it though, deciding that you were taking too long to inch your hand closer and closer to her, and she took ahold of your hand in her own soft and warm one.

"Surprise!" She said before she burst out laughing in pure joy as you threw your arms around her and hugged her tight. "Oh," she cooed and looped her arms around your back, her lips buried in your hair. "My girl. I've missed you so much."

"You didn't tell me you were coming home tonight."

"Well, if I did, it wouldn't have been a surprise, right?' She said as she stared into your eyes, brushing her thumbs along your cheeks in loving circles.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too." She said before she leaned in for a kiss; one you both melted into instantly.

You pulled her closer, running your hands along her body because it almost felt too perfect to really be happening.

You've dreamt about this day since she left and yet, as wonderful as those dreams about her were, they didn't even compare to this moment with her.

Slowly, Soyeon pulled away from your lips and let you bury your face in the crook of her neck. She walked you backward until you reached the bed.

You fell onto it and she hovered over you for only a minute, stealing one more inexpressibly beautiful kiss, before she fell beside you.

As she intertwined her fingers with yours, you felt the butterflies fill your chest again. Her touch, her presence, her kisses, and the beat of her heart in your ear as you laid your head down on her chest, was even more perfect than you remembered it being.

"Welcome home, Soyeon."

"I'm so happy to be home. I love you. I thought about you each and every night." She said as she rubbed your back and stared down at you with stars in her eyes.

"I love you more."

She kissed your nose, chuckling when you crinkled it up against her lips.

"Impossible, y/n. Because I love you most."

Your heart fluttered and you squeezed her hand, only for her to squeeze yours in return.

"I promise we'll catch up tomorrow. I'll tell you stories about the tour and give you the gifts I got you in all the places we visited that made me think of you."

"I can't wait." You said as you closed your eyes and basked in the brush of her lips on your forehead that followed before you both drifted off to sleep together, back in each other's arms, where you belonged.