she finds out that you can speak Korean (requested)

As soon as you heard Soyeon's footsteps approaching your shared bedroom, you opened your eyes and perked up.

It's getting late, nearing midnight, and you'd been feeling asleep as your favorite show played quietly on the tv.

But now that your girlfriend is home, you're wide awake and you're feeling much happier than you've felt on this long and boring day.

"Hi, baby!" You cheerfully said as Soyeon entered the bedroom. "How was your day?"

You turned the lamp on to provide her with more light.

It was only to help her out because you figured she'd need the light but the light also allowed you to see her roll her eyes at you, which you wouldn't have seen if you hadn't turned it on.

It caught you off guard but you brushed it off.

"How was your day?"

"Fine." She said as she tossed her bag on the floor.

She seemed to be a little grumpy with the way she answered you.

But, again, you brushed it off.

"Did you get a lot done today? Write any new songs?"

"Not really. Now, will you stop asking me questions and just let me be?"

Her question surprised you because you hadn't meant to hound her with questions.

You're only trying to be a supportive girlfriend.

She always takes interest in hearing about your days and you only want to do the same for her.

"Sorry." You mumbled.

You went quiet for a moment as she changed out of her clothes and into some clean and cozy pajamas.

"You seem a little grumpy. I can fix that. How about some cuddles?" You asked as you pulled back the covers.

Patting her side of the bed with a smile on your face, you waited for her to walk over and climb in with you.

But she seemed upset about what you said and instead, she folded her arms over her chest and stared at you in bitterness.

"What did you say?"

Your smile fell and you frowned at her.

"Did you say I'm grumpy?"

"I don't mean it in a bad way. I just thought that you must've had a bad day and you'd want some cuddles to fix it." You explained.

"I don't need cuddles. I need you to stop being so annoying and leave me alone. Yes, I had a bad day, and you're just making it worse right now!"

She went to storm into the bathroom, only to stop because of you.

"Soyeon, nahante geuleon mal hajima!"

She turned around slowly and stared at you in shock and disbelief.

"Did you just yell 'don't talk to me like that in Korean?" She asked.

"Eung."

Yes.

"Who taught you how to speak Korean?" She asked as she walked to you.

"Miyeon. I've been working hard on learning it and I was going to surprise you in a couple of days when I learned more phrases."

"Well, you surprised me tonight, baby." She said. "I'm so sorry for being grumpy. I shouldn't have said what I said. Sorry I took my bad day out on you."

"Thank you for apologizing." You said.

She sat down beside you on the bed, sending you a sweet smile.

"An-ajwo?"

Hug me?

"Eung," She smiled before pulling you into her arms, holding onto you tightly. "Salanghaeyo."

"Nado salanghaeyo, Soyeon."

I love you too.

She always loves hearing you say that and hearing you say it in Korean made her heart swell.

It sounds so special and so perfect falling from your lips and it made her forget all about her bad day.

She knew she was in the wrong for the way she spoke to you and she was happy that you had put her in her place.

"I swear, I'll never upset you again. You yelling at me in Korean is a whole new level of scary."

You giggled as you held onto her tightly.

"If you want to learn more Korean, I'd be happy  to teach you, darling." She smiled, kissing your cheek softly.

"Naneun geos-eul salang." You replied, making her heart skip a beat.

I would love that.

She kissed your head softly, happy that she was going to be able to spend time with you in such a special way.