Chapter 46- Distraction:

It was hard to keep my eyes off of Jean during class. I was still so excited that he had said yes. I checked the clock anxiously, my leg bouncing up and down. There were only a few more hours left until we'd be together, like before. The more time that passed however, I noticed that I was getting more nervous. I dropped my gaze to the table and held my head in my hands. What the hell is supposed to happen next? I haven't talked to him alone in forever! I could barely get past asking to come over in the first place! How am I going to keep things up for an entire meal preparation? AGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I didn't like to face things without a plan. I realized too late that I had created my worst nightmare; I couldn't back out now. My head scrambled around thoughts of worst-case scenarios with Jean. They were bad. Very bad. It was driving me crazy and my anxiety was skyrocketing. I needed something to take my mind off of it until class ended, and I had no choice but to face my fear.

As if answering my request, my phone buzzed. I turned my head sharply and grabbed my phone out of my backpack. It was a text from— I raised an eyebrow... Eren.

—————————————————

xxx-xxx-xxxx

why does your face look like that

—————————————————

I stared at the screen, offended by both the question and the timing of its delivery. I quickly replied: "Goddamn Eren what kind of question is that?" I sent the text and paused for a moment. A conversation as dull as this was not going to keep my anxiety down. Taking this wave of impulsivity ins stride, I smiled deviously and continued typing: "If u don't like my face then you don't have to kiss it."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Eren straighten up in his seat and turn pink. I smirked. Ha! Serves you right, hoe.

—————————————————

xxx-xxx-xxx

that wasn't what i was referring to.

—————————————————

me

Then what were you referring to?

—————————————————

xxx-xxx-xxxx

u look like ur in pain

—————————————————

Huh? What was he talking about? Then I realized: my pained expression was probably caused from the small panic attack I was having in my seat earlier while I thought about Jean. And, now that I was thinking about it again, the expression returned. Eren! I scolded in my head. You're supposed to be distracting me!! Not reminding me!

—————————————————

me

I'm fine. Distract me for awhile pls. I don't want to listen to Shadis.

—————————————————

xxx-xxx-xxxx

how do u expect me to distract you

—————————————————

me

idk. Figure it out.