Chapter 63- The Dance (Part 2):

Someone took me by the waist and spun me to face them. Unsurprisingly, it was Eren. Before I could escape, he gently took my right hand led me into a dance. I scowled and tried to pull away, but he held me there, teal-green eyes gazing intensely into mine. The rainbow lights of the gym moved across his skin, illuminating each perfectly chiseled crevice carved onto his face. His dark hair blew slightly to the side when he spun me, framing his face perfectly as we swayed together in the packed room of students.

"What do you want?" I asked flatly, trying to ignore how attractive he looked in his all-black suit. The slow song still played in the background.

He chewed his lip. "I wanted to apologize for—"

"For what?" I interrupted. "For walking in on me in the dressing room? For not even letting me speak when I came to the bakery? Or, maybe, for putting me through an absolute nightmare that spanned for an entire school year?"

Eren froze and pulled away slightly. The slow song faded out. I used it as my chance to pull away.

"For all of it," he said quietly, looking me in the eye. "I've spent so much of my time with you apologizing for the terrible things I've done... But, this time, I'm ending it here; I'm going to make sure I'll never have to say sorry to you again. I'll never have to apologize because I won't ever hurt you again."

"You don't have to worry about apologizing ever again, Eren," I said sourly, crossing my arms. "I told you that you would never be forgiven. So, just give up."

"No," he said determinedly.

I hated how handsome he looked. It was making it much harder to dislike him. And his sincerity and resoluteness made it worse. Damnit, Eren, you Son of a Bitch. I'm trying to stop liking you. Go be attractive somewhere else... Where is Mikasa when you need her? I thought, turning my head. I saw her, surprisingly, dancing with Jean. And— she didn't look unhappy about it. I nodded slightly. Wow. Good for him.

"(Y/N)," Eren said, using my break in attention to pull me back into his arms as, to my chagrin, yet another slow song began to play. How long will this go on for?

I tried, with less effort, to pull away again, but gave up quickly. Too irritated to meet his eyes, I stared angrily at Eren's chest. That didn't help things. The black suit only highlighted every aspect of his model body. I waited for him to say something to distract me from the butterflies that were beginning to build in my stomach, but he stayed silent, holding me quietly. My frown deepened, as the silence between us only gave my brain more time to wander. I started to think about the warmth of his hands, and how that warmth covered the entirety of his skin, hot skin that was covered by annoying black fabric that got in the way—

Shut up, (Y/N), I scolded myself. Don't be an idiot.

I attempted to snap myself out of it:

"Well?" I asked, tilting my head up to meet his eyes, "Are you going to say anything?"

Eren pursed his lips in an attempt to cover a smirk. "I'm not sure... Are you done undressing me with your eyes yet?"

My face flushed crimson in seconds. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"That's a shame... The door is right over there you know," he teased, pointing his head in the direction of the exit.

"I don't like you."

"Really?" he raised his eyebrows accusingly.

"Really. I told you already: I'm not forgiving you."

"I never said anything about forgiveness," Eren stated matter-of-factly. "I asked if you liked me. They aren't related. Not wanting to forgive me doesn't affect whether or not you have feelings for me."

I hesitated. No, I told myself. If he really wanted you, he would have let you speak the first time you were going to admit it.

Eren leaned his head forward, pressing his body into mine until his lips were next to my ear. My cheeks heated more, if that were even possible. I could feel his muscles underneath the fabric of his suit and the softness of his hair as it brushed past my cheek.

"You can say it," he mumbled softly. "I don't mind."

I kept my mouth sealed shut. He moved his head so his lips were inches from mine and stared at me, scanning my face, eyes darting down to my lips every so often. The colorful lights reflected in his teal-green eyes, tinted with desire.

"You don't have to do it with words," Eren whispered, his mouth parted slightly so I could see his tongue roll across his top teeth.

My heart thumped in my chest and my ears began to ring, drowning out the music. Eren's whole demeanor was just so... encapsulating. Out of my control, I felt my face inching towards his. He pulled me closer to him by my waist until there was no space between us. He let go of my hand and placed his own over my shoulder and around my neck. I took three deep breaths through my nose: citrus... ginger... nutmeg.

Damn him.

In the background of my heartbeat, I heard the slow song stop.

I promised. I can't back down now.

I snapped out of my daze and shoved Eren off of me, turning away and pushing through the crowd to leave the gym.

I could feel his eyes on me as I walked out.