Chapter 52- Flour Blanket (Part 2):

Hello again queens~ how have y'all been? Ready for the cliffhanger to be resolved?

Since last week's update was so late, I decided to post early today. 

Also, if anyone has any Eren/Jean/etc headcanons, I'm super bored rn so feel free to comment.

Hope you enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️ Love u all, Muah~

Eren's POV:

"Fuck me," I cursed, reading (Y/N)'s text about a blue stain. How could I not have realized that I had given her that blanket? Then again... how the hell did she even find the stain in the first place? It was so tiny that it was barely noticeable.

Oh well... Too late to wonder about it now.

I texted her back nonchalantly, changing the subject to Levi and his obsessive cleaning disorder. Usually, that was a safe bet. A few minutes passed without a response. I knew she was waiting for me to say more. Does that mean she knows what's on the blanket?

I frantically began typing back: What did it say? I almost clicked send before I realized my mistake.

"You moron," Armin criticized, leaning over my shoulder to get a good look at my phone. "If you send that she'll be suspicious."

I was sitting on the floor, leaning against my bed while Armin was lying face-down on my mattress, head lifted with a disappointed air. After receiving my first text from (Y/N) tonight, I filled Armin in on what specifically was on the blanket and the many potential problems it could expose. I was grateful that I did, because I had run out of ideas. I looked over at Armin dumbly and he rolled his eyes.

"Eren, stains aren't usually made up of letters. If you immediately ask that, she'll know that you know there's something important written there."

"Oh..." I nodded. "So, what should I say?"

"Hm..." Armin dropped his face back onto the bed. "Say: 'But, thank you for cleaning it.' It's simple, to the point, and should end the conversation nicely," his voice was muffled by the blankets.

I started typing his message before stopping myself midway: "But, Armin," I countered, "I don't want the conversation to end. I want to know if she knows what it said."

"What good will that do you?" he said, picking up his head again so I could hear him clearly.

"Probably none," I said reasonably, "but— I still want to know what she thinks. I don't want her drawing unnecessary conclusions about me."

"Why?" Armin asked.

I ignored him. He sighed loudly— I had never seen him so openly irritated. I guess he doesn't want to waste his energy on meaningless stuff like this, I figured.

My failure to answer made Armin keep talking. "Fine. If you want to do things that way, then ask if the stain was hard to get out. Maybe that will give you clues as to what happened."

I nodded appreciatively and finally responded to (Y/N).

"Cool. And now, we wait," I said, dropping my phone on the floor. It buzzed right after I sent my message. I snatched it up eagerly to see (Y/N)'s response: "Awww..." I groaned.

"What?" Armin asked.

"I have to work tomorrow!" I flopped onto the ground.

"Isn't tomorrow Friday?"

"Yeah, but I guess one of my coworkers cancelled last minute..."

"That sucks."

(Y/N)'s POV: