Pedia | s.jn

You couldn't resist hiding the irk in your eyes as you stare in front of you— a sight of a woman and her child inevitably crying for no reason at all.

"Sooyoung-ah, we'll get home soon okay?" She pouted, almost crying with her child for having a tantrum.

Your eyes rolled with a calm sigh puffing from your mouth. "Sooyoung-ah."

The child looked at you with tears brimming her eyes. You got a teddy bear from under your table and popped it out in front of her.

"Ta-da! Mr. Teddy won't be happy if you're not." Your smile grew wider when she rubbed her tears away.

She made grabby hands and you half-heartedly gave it. Your attention goes to the mother who pulled her thumbs up with a simple thank you.

"Hold the next patient." Your assistant raised a brow once you settled your head on your cool desk. "Jeno."

He slumped his shoulders at his name. Knowing you, the call of his own name instead of "Lee" means that you were in need of a friend.

"What do you want, (y/n)?" He gave up, sitting on the chair with a dreaded sigh.

"I lend Mr. Teddy to that obnoxious girl! I shouldn't have done that! What if he's being dragged around right now?! Jeno-"

You reached for his arm, but he stood abruptly to duck it. "None of my business."

"It is! You're my assistant and-"
Jeno slid the door open and shouted.

"Next patient please!"

He turned around to see your reaction and you were out of words to even argue. Instead, you watch with bitter eyes as he stood in the corner while the patient goes in.

It's usually a mother and her child, so you arranged your papers and smiled. "Come in Ma'am-"

Your words had fallen short to the gorgeous sight in front of you. A man with a toned body, tall and handsome enough to bewitch you.

"He's stomach is aching since yesterday." His timbre was deep and lax.

Your hope came crashing down when a child peeped its head from behind him.

"Oh you have a child." You mumbled.
"Pardon?"

You shook your head with a smile. "Come here, let's check you up." You extended your hand to the boy and he feverishly accepted.

You settled him in front of you, slightly crouching to level his eyes. "And what could this cute little child be named?"

"Chenle." He said monotonously. You nodded, swiveling your chair to get your stethoscope.

Amidst your work, you can feel the man's eyes boring you down. His piercing gaze melting you.

"I guess it's all done!" You gave the doctor's receipt to the father, the list of medicine narrowed down in your handwriting.

"Doctor (y/n)!" Chenle tugged at your white coat. Your brows shot up as you lowered your ear for him to cup it.

"Can I call you mom?" He whispered, but enough for the whole room to hear.

You heard Jeno snort from the corner of the room, internally groaning at the embarrassment.

"Chenle-"
"I'm sorry. Her mother passed away so he craved for a mother's love." The father said.

"Mom!" Your heart skipped a beat at the name, peering back at the child with wide eyes.

"Mom." He repeated, hugging you with a huge grin on his face.

"I guess you can call me that." You hesitantly patted his head.

"I'm Young-ho. You can call me anytime for dinner with Chenle." He slid a piece of paper on your desk and you took it with appreciation.

"Thank you." You watch as Chenle scurried to his father. He got the receipt and went out of your office.

As the door shuts, Jeno bursted out laughing.

"Shut up!" You blushed, shyly keeping the piece of paper in your pocket.

"Did my acting made the cut, Johnny hyung?" The Chinese boy buckled his seatbelt and licked his ice cream as his reward.

"I think calling her mom was the cherry on top." He giddily stepped on the pedal and drove home with Chenle's non-existent stomach ache.

" He giddily stepped on the pedal and drove home with Chenle's non-existent stomach ache