Soulmates | k.dy (pt.2)

"(Y/n)?" His angelic voice whispered into thin air, making your heart skip a beat.

You hesitated to say his name. "Doyoung."

He evidently gulped down the lump on his throat, averting his eyes and turning around to get your change. He handed it out to you and went back in front of the counter.

"Here's your ramen." He uttered like nothing happened. Your brows frowned, getting the plastic bag and pocketing your change.

"You're my-"

"Stay away from me." He told.

You pursed your lips, looking at him in disbelief.

"Whatever you saw earlier, forget it." He sat on his chair and brought his phone out.

You inhaled a sharp breath and clenched your fists. Turning around and swallowing the urge to call his name.

You went out of the store, the chilly breeze greeting your nerves. On your way back home, the same pain on your chest occured—but much stronger.

You ignored it and went home, seeing Yena and Jeno on the couch fast asleep, cradling each other.

You pouted, going to the kitchen and laying down the plastic.

"Did you buy the ramen?" You heard Yena's thin voice.

You didn't respond, only feeling light-headed.

"So what's for lunch? Can I help-"

Your body dropped on the ground, earning a gasp from your sister.

"Oh my gosh, (y/n)! Jeno wake up!" You heard Yena holler out, her voice faint and soon, your lids felt heavy and closed off.

Blinding lights made you groan. You flutter your eyes open and was immediately greeted by the hospital room.

"You're awake already?" The familiar voice made you sit up and turn your eyes to the direction.

"D-Doyoung?"

"I saw an ambulance and felt my head aching. I guess it already started." His nonchalant tone made you more aggravated.

"Hey, about what you said earlier." Your voice cracked, earning the attention of Doyoung.

"Am I not pretty enough?" A tear slipped off your eyes, immediately looking down now that your insecurities overflew.

"Did your hopes crash down when you knew your soulmate was me?" You sobbed, tears reluctantly streaming down as you clenched your fists on your lap.

The sound of footsteps and your bed sinking when he sat on the empty space made your heart clench.

His fingers grazed your chin, tilting it up to meet your gaze. You stared at his eyes with your teary ones, breath hitching once he glanced at your shaky lips.

"I'll never meet someone as beautiful as you." His tone low, eyes sincere while his hands cupped your cheeks.

"I love you, (y/n)." His fingers caressed your cheek, wiping a stray tear.

Your eyes widened, making him smile warmly at your reaction. He brought you closer to his chest and cradled you in his arms.

"Now, how about for a walk?"

You awkwardly tagged beside him in your hospital gown. The doctor will discharge you later and Yena went back home to pay for the bills, but since Doyoung insisted to pay—she just went home with Jeno.

"Ah!" Your ears perked up at the ice cream sounds across the park. Doyoung glanced at where you were pertaining.

He took your hand, catching you off-guard. He walked you towards the ice cream stand, your eyes glistening over the amount of flavors to choose.