Boss | n.jm

"Why are you so confident in winning me over?" You held a tight grip on his collar, irritated once he smirked.

"Because (y/n)," He unwrapped your hands from his collar and brought it to his lips, kissing your fingertips slowly while staring at your eyes.

"I will, and I won't stop until I get you."

You recoil your hand away from him, shoving it inside your pocket coat.

"I have a boyfriend." You huffed.
"Do you love him?" He confidently leaned back on the wall where you had pinned him awhile ago.

"Yes, I do." You gulped, not taking the eye-contact off. A small smile escaped his lips as he watched your eyes.

"Lies." Jaemin muttered.

You sighed and shook your head.
"Stop, Mr. Na or I'll quit this job."

"I know you can't. You have a brother to feed right?" He retorted making you grumble.

"Ms. (Y/n)? Are you in here?"
"Maybe she's not."
"Are you sure? I heard voices though."

You looked at your boss one last time before turning your heel and leaving. Jaemin sighed, watching you saunter away with eyes fondly on you.

"What's the problem?" You casually went out of the empty narrow hall which people rarely go.

"Where the hell have you been, (y/n)?" Your best friend took your shoulder and embraced you.

Your eyes were wide open, a laugh bubbling in your throat.
"What? What's the problem?"

Your co-worker showed you missed calls from your phone. It was from your young brother.

You detached yourself from your best friend and took your phone.

"Tell Mr. Na I'll be taking the day off or I'm sick. Just cover up for me!" You hurriedly ran towards the elevator.

"We got your back!" They shouted.

Your heart palpitating once you opened the door to your apartment, only to see your younger brother laying on his bed.

"Jisung? What happened? Why did you called?" You went over to him as he sat up.

"I'm just very hungry noona. I haven't eaten breakfast." Jisung said, pouting.

You brought your wallet and took all the money from it. You were short in cash and you haven't eaten breakfast yourself too.

"Run down the store and buy something to eat, okay?" You kissed his forehead and lended him the cash.

"Okay!" Jisung proudly took the cash and went out of the apartment. You sighed once he was gone. You were buried in debt when your parents died and all you have was your younger brother.

Heavy knocks elicit from the door. You walked over and opened the door only to see the grumpy landlady.

"I heard you were home." She opened her fan and sway it on her face, the curlers in her hair sticking up.

"Good morning, Ms. Sara."
"I'm not here for friendly talks. Where's the payment for last and this month's rent?"

You gulped the lump in your throat, nibbling on your bottom lip.
"I'll pay you tomorrow, Sara! I promise." You clasped your hands.

She scoffed.
"The next time I hear excuses, I'll kick you out." She walked away from your sight.

You closed the door and slid down on it. You immediately dialed your boyfriend's number to ask for help.