Therapy | n.jm

im sorry i haven't been updating! i promise i'll finish every series in this book— recording diary, white night, and everything. ^^

You bursted inside the frigid rooftop, cold air rippling through your school uniform as tears welled your eyes

You ran to the edge, gripping the railings with your bare hands.

"WAKE ME UP FROM THIS DAMN DREAM!" You screamed, tears skidding on the cold stone. Your voice echoed throughout the city, but being anonymous made your guts feel lighter.

You inhaled to rant one more time, but a voice stiffened your body.

"You should use a megaphone. It'll sound louder."

The voice was throaty, hoarse like it just had gone from an argument. You turned around, eyes wandering to see no one except the soft glow from the sunset behind you.

"Here."

Your brows shot up when a hand popped from behind the small warehouse. You sighed when your eyes trailed to the smoke coming from the same spot.

"You smoke?" You queried, trying not to sound offensive. He replied with a sweet hum, and that led you to end the conversation.

As for the following days, the rooftop has been your go-to place solely because of him. You haven't seen his face nor know his name, but not a single day your conversations turned to a routine.

"I'm asthmatic actually."

He laughed at your confession, the smoke emitting from his spot. You watched with bright eyes as the smoke fermented into thin air.

"You should wear a mask tomorrow."

A soft giggle from him made your heart stumble. Your smile was wiped away when his voice began to be the only sound resonating in your ears.

"It'll be better to stop smoking."

The deep silence made you nervous. Did you turned him off? Aggravate him? You were too nervous to think straight.

"Your scream."

His voice put you to ease, a brow raising once the phrase retorted in your head.
"What about it?"

"You haven't done it in awhile." The smoke, yet again flew off out of its chamber.

"That's because I feel less lonely when I talk to you."

The deafening silence beloved the atmosphere as you turned around to face the sunset. He cleared his throat, the sound of his intake of the cigarette being evident.

The next day, you came to the rooftop, but he wasn't there. You came the next day, and the next day, then the day after that.

"Hey." You heard his voice after what is seems like weeks. Your eyes shook, hands closing the door and feet heading to the railings as always.