Call In Sick | k.jw

"What do you want for dinner?" You asked your husband who was wrapped in a blanket, lying on the bed full of pillows.

"Beef stew." Jungwoo coughed out, rolling his head under the pillows.

Your stomach churned of the image of beef stew. You weren't exactly a fan of it because of its smell.

You sighed, but smiled. You walked towards your sick husband and pat his head.
"I understand. Stay in bed and get well soon."

You left the room and began to wear a face mask, tying your hair up so that the hair won't stick to your forehead.

Jungwoo rolled at the other side of the bed and coughed. Dark circles around his eyes, dried lips and a parched throat.

He reached for his phone and opened it. Squinting his eyes of the brightness, he adjusted it and saw his wallpaper of you holding a white flower.

A smile crept on Jungwoo's lips, but faded when his phone rang. He checked the ID and it was his mom.

"Jungwoo? Are you okay? I heard from (y/n) that you were sick! I told you to drink lots of water but you didn't listen." Jungwoo heard from the other side of the phone.

He threw his head back and groaned.

"I'm fine mom. (Y/n) is cooking beef stew-

"Beef stew!? Good thing she agreed to cook that." Her mom gasped.

Jungwoo raised a brow. "Why?"

"Oh? Didn't you know that beef stew makes her wanna throw up just by smelling it?"

Jungwoo's eyes widened and thought about you right now, gagging just by the sight of the food. How can she cook beef stew without tasting or smelling it?

Jungwoo ended the call and threw his blanket on the bed. He quickly walked towards the kitchen to find you cooking it.

Your back turned away from him and focused on the meal.

Jungwoo's heart dropped to see you sacrifice yourself just for him. He dragged his feet towards you, wrapping his arms around your waist as he pulled you closer.

You arched a brow and turned your head around.
"Jungwoo, you're supposed to be in bed-"

"Thank you." He softly said.

"Did mom told you? It's okay, I wore a face mask. See?" You turned around making Jungwoo see you.

You looked at Jungwoo's soft brown eyes and smiled.

He inched his way to your lips, but remembered you might catch his colds and cough. He stopped and just kissed your forehead, sweetly planting his lips on your skin.

"I love you." He mumbled, while hugging you.

You smiled and hugged him back.

"I know."

•~•~•~•~

He's so pretty.

Okay, can someone please thank jungwoo for having a neck?