iii.

The three rushed to the hospital, it was times like this Cassie wished she had or could control the ability to run at supersonic speeds. The brisk old hospital air filled the three of them  as they stepped through the silver plated doors. "This way." Cassie pointed to one of the corridors and started to run. They boys could barely match her speed, though they didn't fall to far behind.  Cassie's head was whipping back and fourth as she tried to find the file room, the adrenaline and worry made her brain foggy. She was prone to a bad memory, after all these powers she still found ways to misplace keycards and stray through wrong doors. She finally saw the 'filing room' sign that was engraved onto the glass panel, Cassie squinted her eyes, trying to see through the frosted glass. Swirls of blue lightning and clouds filled the room. Caduceo. She thought. Frantically, she pushed down onto the door, it pushed back. "The door's locked."
Oliver cleared his throat, pulling the door open.
"Oh, well, i mean, if you want to do it the easy way." Cassie retorted. Turning to look at Horace, She spoke loudly and clearly, "step away."

Horace looked down at what he was about to do then back at Cassie, "why what's going on."

"That's not Alan on the ground."

"Are you sure, i mean i know the axe in the back is distracting but im pretty sure it's him."

Cassie looked over at Kaz and he knew what to do, he ran over to Alans 'body' and kicked into it, the mirage faded. Leaving a trail of ash behind. "This would be the remains of Dr.  Wrath."

"These two tried to trick you into using your last caduceo powers and resurrect him."

"How dare they." Horace tried to Freeze Chazz but he mirrored the powers, freezing Horace's freezing hand. Chazz admired his irony for a sweet second before Cassie stepped in.

Cassie swirled her hands in the motion of a tornado, wind spiralled around Chazz, his voice becoming muffled and his figure distorted. He was trapped. She then turned to Gulliver, a metallic gun pointed towards Cassie, making her chuckle. She focused onto the gun imagining each of the bonds breaking and the gun began to melt. But not in the way she expected. Gulliver squealed in pain, the metal had become hot and scorched into his flesh. Metal and flesh dripped to the floor. "Oh yikes, no. I'm sorry, i didn't - Kaz-"

Cassie peered over at Kaz, he was looking away from the melted display, trying to sooth his queasiness, "yeah Cas?"

"I think we might need to work on -  i dont know what it's called - next time we train."

"Yeah... I'm not being the test subject for that." Kaz said, still unable to look in the direction of Gulliver.

Horace had unfrozen and looked at the girl in disbelief, "what was that?"

"Would you believe a horrible dream?" Oliver asked.

"Yes, i would."

"Then it was a dream, what an imagination you have, now go back to bed."

Horace rushed off to bed, Cassie called for the guards to take away the two villain protégés, leaving Kaz, Oliver and herself alone.

"I know the gun thing didn't go well, but that tornado entrapment was perfection, Cas." Kaz celebrated.

"Yeah, i don't know what went wrong with that gun."

"I vote that you fix it." Oliver pointed at Kaz, "then we never think of it again, because im pretty sure i' going to get nightmares, from all of this."

"Sounds like a deal." Kaz and Cassie both agreed.

"Now, time for me to go bake and watch that film, I'll see you guys tomorrow."