iii.

The lackeys entered the school, from both exits.

"It's okay, they can't do anything with all these people around." Kaz comforted.

"Attention everyone, me and my colleague here are tv show producers and anyone who wants to audition for our new tv show 'who wants to be famous for no reason what so ever' can line up outside." Everyone started to flock out of the school until it was one the three teenagers and the lackeys.

"Sad thing is, I'd watch that." Skylar admitted.

Cassie flicked her hands down. The lackeys were frozen in place. "I cant hold this for long. Run get the chips to robopal, I'll hold these two off."

"I can't just leave you here, your powers, your training." Kaz tried to fight back but he saw Cassie's face. Her eyes soft, pleading him to go. A single bead of sweat formed on her brow.

"Go."

He nodded, him and skylar ran.

The frozen lackeys began to move again, "what a brave one you are. Too bad you will die for that, you can't stop up."

"I won't die today, nor will you. I hope. I just can't let more people get hurt. You think what you are doing is the right thing, i think the same. Different ideologies, different outcomes."

"What school did you go to?" The lackey said, clearly confused with this girl.

"Definitely not this one."

"Explains a lot."

"It's not just me, it seems like a terrible school, right?"

"There's been so many super fights here im surprised the building is still standing."

They both were nodding until they realised they were supposed to be fighting. The small lackey flicked his tongue towards Cassie but she dodged it. Cupping her hand she focused on heat, on electricity, her hand began to spark forming a yellow ball of light in her hand. Using her other hand she pulled it into two and threw it at the two lackeys. One each. They cupped their eyes. Desperately trying to regain sight but all they could see was white.

Cassie walked over to the staircase, she stroked her hand across the cool metal bannister. Rubbing her hand against it she caused the metal to melt. Allowing her to bend it to her will. Cassie separated it from the staircase and moved back to the lackeys. She wrapped the golden meltal around lizard boy and attached the metal back to the staircase. He tried to resist the movement, but the steering pain from the metal made it hard to fight back.

The bigger lackey, that seemed to have regained some of his sight grabbed Cassie by her shoulders and slammed her into the floor, causing an indent around her. Cassie's head was throbbing, she tried to pull an electric shock that would get him off of her but was to weak. Cassie just wanted her head to stop spinning. Her eyes were seeing double. Double fists...coming straight towards her. LEFT. She told her body. RIGHT. She deflected another punch. The sound of the lackeys fist hitting the floor was ringing in Cassie's ears. he went for one more punch, she crossed her arms in front of her... something she saw in a comic cover once. The force of the punch was reduced, still making Cassie's arms throb like hell. But nothing was broken. What power was that? She had no clue, was it even a power or was it a stupid decision to make? Maybe a bit of both.

The lackey seemed to be hurt by the last punch, he flicked his wrist. The way you do after writing a long essay. Cassie stumbled to all fours, then to her knees, and finally she was on her feet again. "Your good at this," Cassie spat some blood on the floor. Gross but necessary, that taste of metal gave her bad memories.

Cassie had little fight in her, she lifted her arm and gave it her all. A force of energy - she didn't care at that moment at what it was - pushed out her her palm and shot the lackey in the chest. Propelling him backwards.

She collapsed.