i.

"Cassie?" kaz repeated to himself, the name didn't ring any bells for him. He didn't have a clue who she was or what she could do. "how come I've never seen you around the hospital before?" he asked, hoping to get a more clear idea of what was going on.

"I'm not sure, I started around the same time as you and Oliver. But we tend to be put of different shifts and if we're in the building at the same time it's on different wings. So it's easy to not recognise me." she spoke quickly, wanting to running away from this encounter with the brown haired boy.

"but you know who me and Oliver are?"

"yeah, I'm one of those weird people that like to know the names of everyone that works with me." Cassie let out a small laugh from under her breath, though it was more out of nerves than humour. She didn't know what to do in this scenario, a part of her just wanted to blast Kaz and pretend she never knew him and get on with her life. But she knew she could never do that. "anyway I should get going, my shift has nearly ended" Cassie turned around and tried to walk away, she knew it wouldn't work but it was worth a shot.

"wait, please don't." kaz said, praying that she wouldn't leave him in suspense like this, "what level teleporter are you because that portal was unlike anything I'd seen before."

"I'm no where near a 6 if that's what you' re inferring to, I'm not cut out to be a hero." technically Cassie wasn't lying, she wasn't a level 6 she just didn't let Kaz know she was higher. But if she ever had to justify her answer with 'technically' she knew it wasn't a good excuse.

" so you're trying to tell me that you're below a level 6,which is now the required level for a superhero." kaz started to plan something in his head, which would have hurt if not for all the information flipping through his brain being about powers. "so I guess you won't be able to do this." Kaz spoke quickly in order for Cassie to not comprehend what he was doing until it was too late. Kaz reached into his pocket where his fingers wrapped around a large stone, he pulled it out and threw it at her.

The sight of the rock made Cassie anxious, without thinking about the consequences she breathed in deeply as she teleported the rock through her, allowing Cassie to remain unharmed. "what the heck are you doing with a rock in your jeans?" she snapped at him as the sound of the rock falling to the floor oscillated down the halls.

"in case I need it for situations like this." Kaz admitted, "but you're at least a level 7 teleporter, only level sevens or higher can teleport inanimate objects like that. You could be a hero and you've got to know that."

"i do know that, doesn't mean I want to be one, Kaz. It's not all its cracked out to be. And level 7 really? That's what the bar for teleportation has been lowered to?" Cassie questioned, perplexed by the slight change in levels but she thought it was unlikely it would change her over all level, though she wished it did.

"I have no idea what the levels are for teleportation if i'm being honest, but the fact you seemed insulted by the 7 makes me think - which is something I really don't like to do - that there is something big you're hiding, and it's not just a slightly higher level." Kaz was good at getting people to admit the the truth, and there was something about this girl that made him want to know more, and it wasn't just about the powers. "So what are you hiding, Cas?"

"Cas? Why are you calling me by your name?" She questioned, trying to play dumb when she obviously knew it was her name shortened. Cassie just wanted to avoid the queries that Kaz had for her, because she wasn't prepared to tell him, or anyone for that matter.

"No, don't play dumb with me, i know that move, i practically invented that move. I'm the original dumb, you can't take that away from me." Kaz defended his title, almost straying too far away from his main point. " what level are your powers?" He said in a stern voice, that was demanding answers.

"Can't you just live with the fact that i am higher than the level requirement."

"The new level requirement or the old one?"

Cassie hesitated for a moment and spoke under her breath, "old"

"You're higher than a level 9?" Kaz' s eyes widened with curiosity and admiration for the highly attractive woman that stood before him. "Do you know how rare that actually is? Most heroes are only level 9s, there are only a few that go higher, like Tecton is a 10 maybe scrapping an 11 on a good day but let's be honest here. And I've heard rumours of this super secret superhero called Optimo, who is apparently a level 12. 12 i mean wow can you imagine that power?" Kaz rambled on for the next few minutes about all the superheroes levels and what that meant for them. He got so lost on his train of thought that he ended up travelling down passion road, his passion for superheroes took over everything else in that moment and Cassie could tell. She watched the boy waffle about these heroes that he helps save every day, he talked about them so highly and it was adorable in her eyes. She had never seem so much passion in one person and she loved it, so much so that instead of trying to leave once again (because in that moment Kaz wouldn't even have realised she was gone) she stayed and listened to it all. Kaz started to come to his senses once again that he was missing the narrative, "look, i can tell that you don't want to tell me but please, what level are you if not 9?"

Cassie stood in silence, she had never told anyone her real level out of fear, but there was something about Kaz' passionate brown eyes that compelled her want to tell him.  Before she could talk herself out of it- "13"