ii.

Back at mighty med Oliver was trying to get Kaz to remember anything he could that would lead them to why these lackeys want Quimby fletcher.

Kaz closed his eyes and tried to think about the time he spent with the lackeys, "okay, there was one thing, they both had an infinity tattoo on their wrists."

"An infinity tattoo? Wait, our principle had an infinity tattoo. I remember seeing it and thinking hey our principle has an infinity tattoo."

"Wow, great story Oliver, lots of twists." Kaz remarked sarcastically.

"So what you're saying is that we need to go breakout a villain from mighty max and interrogate him?" Cassie squinted her face, breaking someone out of prison was not how she expected to spend her Sunday.

"What I'm saying is that you three need to do that, i have to go."

"What you're just leaving us!?"

"I have to go try on my tux for the wedding, my mum wants everything to be perfect."

"Oh yikes, good luck."

*

The next hour was spent devising a plan to get the principle out of mighty max, and when they did it was interrogation time. The robots head was placed on a corn beef tray, Skyler took the main investigator role. And kaz.... well kaz took an unorthodox bad cop approach. He threatened to shrink his head, stick it to a headless barbie doll, then make it drive around in a pink convertible and go around the plastic mall.

"Why do you have all of that stuff?" Skylar questioned.

"That's not why we are here." Cassie said, "now, mr robo head, please tell us what we want to know."

The principle was silent, not daring to betray his evil colony. But those dares where met when kaz slammed the headless Barbie on the table. "Okay, okay we all work for this supervillain called Mr. Terror. He's so secretive no one has even seen his face. He is in search for this thing called the arcturian, in my chip there was top secret information about it. I was supposed to hand it in."

"What did it have on it?"

"I don't know i wasn't supposed to look."

"Okay, then where is it now?"

"We threw it at school." Kaz answered, "c'mon we better go get it."

"You better hurry, the chip is programmed to explode if its not installed for over 72 hours. And thats in 2 hours and 45 minutes."

The three of them rushed to the school, it was filled with students displaying different paintings and sculptures. "Kaz, what's going on?" Cassie asked.

"I have no idea. Jordan, why is everyone at school at the weekend?"

"It's the school art fair, do you want to see my latest work?" The blonde haired girl pulled down on a sheet to reveal a smily face, "i call it agony." SKylar commented that it didn't seem like it was a fitting name. Jordan then proceeded to pull out an axe and swing it into the painting.

"I like her." Cassie said.

"What?" Before Kaz could react properly skylar was hitting his arm and pointing to Jordan's earring. It was the chip.

"Where did you get your earring?" Skylar asked.

"Oh, gus is selling them. Why gus needs more money i have no idea."

"Oh, well it just looked so nice and feminine i-"

"Ew take it." Jordan ripped the earring out of her ear and gave it to skylar."

"Well, that seemed a bit too easy." Cassie said, immediately realising that it was, "they have the same earring, and so do they, and so do they. Is this normal for normo schools."

"Honestly, i don't know what's normal anymore." Kaz said. "Hey gus, how many of those earrings did you give out?"

"Oh, only about 4-5. Hundred."

"HUNDRED??" Cassie said a bit too loudly, causing much unwanted attention. "Do you know which one as the original?"

"No, when i sent them to my guy the original was mixed up with the rest. Do i know you?"

"No." Cassie shook her head and looked at the room full of people. "What are we going to do?" She leant towards Kaz.

"Thinking makes my brain hurt."

"We need it to hurt, i don't know how to help in this situation." Cassie swallowed deeply, there was so many people around. Her social anxiety was spiking and she couldn't help but think that is something terrible was to happen... could she save everyone? Would she? Or would she only be able to save a handful. A couple. Just one. No one.

Cassie was interrupted from her thoughts by Kaz, "okay, I've got it. We will have to run back to mighty med tho. Get the small enlarging ray, make skylarks ears huge. Seems like its infected. Everyone throws away the earring."

"We wont have time to go to mighty med.... just I'll do it." Cassie sighed.

"Can you do that??"

"I think..." Cassie positioned herself and focused her powers on skylarks ear, using her hand she directed the rays. She imagines it getting bigger, and bigger and bigger. "Okay... is that okay?"

"Yeah that'll work." Kaz said, he then stepped away and spoke loudly to the whole room, "connie! What happened to your ear?!"

"I wore gus's earring and it must be defective because it's made my ear huge."

"It also gave her other side effects, like repeatedly walking into walls!" Skylar gave Kaz a dirty look and then walked into the closest wall a few times. "Everyone needs to get rid of them immediately, they are defective and have horrible side effects!" Kaz raised up a basket and everyone started to throw their earnings in.

"I have so many questions, why did he call you Connie? Why did they believe you with only one example a simple data point does not mean a correlation? Just how did that work?"

"We will explain it later, we need to get back and find the right chip."

Murphy's law, anything that could happen, will happen.