iii.

With those last words Cassie once again jumped, there was no point in pretending she couldn't anymore. Plus it got her away from this conversation a lot quicker than walking away ever could.

'I don't want to be a hero' echoed in Kaz' mind for the rest of the day. He searched the entirety of the hospital hoping to find Cassie again but had no luck. It was like she had disappeared forever and that gave Kaz an unexplained wave of sorrow and gloominess. He made his way back to the main room where he worked with Oliver, hours passed the time he was supposed to be home. He sat down at one of the computer Chairs and started to make notes on everything he knew about teleportation and high level heroes.
It wasn't long before his best friend and Skylar walked into the hospital and finally convinced Horace that Skylar should be boosted to a level 6. When Horace agreed they gleamed with joy and excitement that Skylar was one step closer to returning to her old life. Kaz was about to congratulate her when he saw Cassie enthralled in her notes as she walked into the room. He jumped out of his chair, knocking it over in the process, and rushed over to her.

"Rude" Oliver said to skylar as he saw his best friend rush over to this mysterious blonde girl.

"Cas! Finally, you are not an easy girl to find."

"Kaz? What are you doing here? You were supposed to leave work three hours ago." Cassie stated, she had had the time tables memorised for weeks for ease of who to avoid.

"I stayed to find you."

"That's sweet but I'm not interested. I have to think about my career and i mean dating colleagues -"

Kaz interrupted, "no, not for that reason. Though i would be a great boyfriend, we have something a bit more pressing to talk about, like your 'powers'" Kaz whispering powers made Cassie smile slightly, he was thinking about her wants.

"Kaz, we really can't talk about this here."

"I know, but if i take you aside you'll jump on me again."

Kaz wasn't wrong, Cassie was already planning on doing this. There wasn't an escape this time, but something deep down inside of her didn't want to escape, being with Kaz made her hero complex rise to the surface and though she had only known him for a few moments, she couldn't stop thinking about him. "Look with all the new heroes that are going to be around they don't need me"

"Bad news skylar, you are no longer a superhero. The level has been moved back to a 9, because all the level 6 superheroes failed." Horace said.

"Well, it's been risen, too bad, almost considered it there." Cassie moved pass Kaz and started adjusting her notes on the surface.

"But your not a 6, Cas, you can still be a hero. A great hero, i will never understand why you don't want to be one."

Oliver sat down in Kaz's seat and looked down at his notes, "uh, Kaz, what's it with you and level 13 heroes? They're pretty much a myth, no one has ever seen or witnessed one before, and i mean if they're going to be real i doubt that they would have such a lame power like teleportation."

"Excuse me?" Cassie said, she felt offended by that statement and wanted to show him how powerful teleportation really was.

"Yeah, that was just me dabbling with the idea of it, stupid really i know. And just the worlds luck if we did find one they wouldn't want to be a hero." Kaz smiled at Cassie who looked at him through dead eyes of the snark comment.

"At least they're not a normo." She snapped back, they both chuckled with the little banter they created.

"Okay... well, are you coming to the comic book store, Kaz?" Oliver said, picking up his bad, "you're welcome to come too, uh I'm sorry i didn't catch your name."

"Cassie, and thanks but i have a few more things i need to check."

"Ill catch up to you, i just want to say bye to Cas."

"Okay,"Oliver and skylar walked out of the hospital and made their way to the comic book shop.

"Look, i know you don't want to be a hero, but by any chance you change your mind... meet me in the training room at 11 0'clock." Kaz then left, giving Cassie a lot to think about.