02・trained

(`・ω・') warning- manga spoilers, cursing

・2nd pov

"I don't want to do this anymore, I don't want to do this anymore!" Zenitsu bawled, "Count me out! As soon as those scary looking demons see me I'm gonna be roast beef!"

It's been a year since you've found yourself in Demon Slayer as Zenitsu's nonexistent twin sister, and ever since then you've been training left and right 'til you fainted.

You had to admit, it was a bit self-destructive but the breaks you were given often eased the pain. In short, it made everything more bearable.

The reason for all this work? Well, like you said before you wanted to be extra-prepared for whatever was coming towards your way when it came to Final Selection. And noting how you technically have close ties with one of the main characters, you were bound to go through a valley of troubles your way.

Thus why you weren't willing to become the dead weight of the group, you had to become strong. Not overpowering, but strong enough to stand at your own ground and take out demons without the need of assistance.

"Zenitsu, it will be fine. As soon as we become demon slayers I will be on your side to help you defeat those pesky creatures," you reasoned.

"No fair! You can already do four forms of Thunder Breathing!" The blonde cried, "No fair, no fair!"

You sighed in defeat and threw a peach at Zenitsu. He effortlessly caught it and bit into the flesh of the fruit, sniffing some snot from his nose. While living as the sister of Zenitsu, you started to learn different tactics in order to stop the boy from crying.

And plums were surprisingly one of those answers.

You never understood why because the story never written anywhere that Zenitsu liked peaches— but I guess he does now.

"Listen, Zenitsu. It doesn't matter how many forms I can do," you soothed, "It's still possible to rise up the ranks as long as you perfect your first form, alright? You're more than capable, you just don't see it."

Your brother glanced at the bitten fruit and grinned sheepishly, "Awh, jeez! Sometimes you sure are sweet to me, Y/N! I can't believe I was blessed with such a cute sister who makes me feel better!"

You scowled at him in pure disappointment, catching the older boy off guard to which he started another session of whining.

Why? You mentally asked yourself. Why were you chosen to become the sibling of this nincompoop of all people?

Why couldn't you just become the sibling of, well I don't know, Mitsuri Kanroji? She would be an amazing sister who would hype you up 24/7! Or maybe Kyojuro Rengoku? His enthusiastic atmosphere will more than help you feel motivated to train!

Or maybe even just a side character from the Demon Slayer Corps who can be the bystander of each fight. You just didn't understand why you had to become Zenitsu's sibling of all people.

Well, not like life is fair so it seems.

You just wished Zenitsu had a bit of self-confidence in himself so he could stop doubting his strengths.

It made you feel bitter how he only ever focuses on his weaknesses. The boy was already strong enough and perfecting the first form made him even more stronger than many other people who were part of the Corps.

Or maybe he just doesn't see it knowing he passes out whenever he fights with other demons.

Either way, he's a strong character. After all, he did consciously create the Seventh Form of Thunder Breathing during the Infinity Castle Arc.