26・flamboyant

(`・ω・') warning- cussing

・2nd pov

"It's about time you break down."

Two months passed ever since you've woken up from your slumber to which you steadily got back to training again with the Kamaboko squad. Although the girls from the Butterfly Mansion were still worried about your unusually quick recovery, Shinobu herself already confirmed that there was nothing to be concerned about.

Still, it didn't change the fact that you were sore as fuck though.

During these months, the boys all took solo missions and carried their duties alone, even Zenitsu who just whined every time he was given one. Inosuke now has more pig assaults than ever and Tanjiro was being Tanjiro, the holy grail of the group. And you haven't taken any missions ever since your coma, only ever exercising from morning to midnight.

The three girls also took time out of their chores to help you and the others with training, too. I mean, it was kind of hell to have them on top of you while doing push ups, but hey... at least they rewarded you with an abundance of onigiri!

Speaking of training, Rengoku was able to fulfill his promise in mentoring our sword fighting! But since the others had to take missions, most of the time it was only you who was able to work under him, you were thankful either way though.

You also had weekly appointments with Shinobu who was still a bit troubled about injecting lethal wisteria poison in your system due to your previous injured state, but your strong immune system was able to boot you up.

Currently, you're in the middle of doing pushups at the Butterfly Mansion's field, one hand on the ground with the other behind your back, if you were doing this back in your previous life you would already collapse in the first push to be honest.

The sound of panicked footsteps caught your attention as the estate's back door flung wide open to see an agitated Kiyo.

"Kiyo?" You spoke out, getting up from your position, "What happened? Are you alright?"

The little girl's only response was pulling your body, down the hallway, and all the way to the building's front door where you saw a Sumi in a straw hat and Kanao who looked oddly uneasy.

With a clear view outside you were able to make out a familiar figure of Uzui who was carrying Aoi on his shoulders and Naho in his arms, both trying to fight out of his hold.

"Let us go!" Aoi yelled.

"Oh my god," the sound hashira groaned in annoyance, "Just shut up."

"Please stop iiit!"

"Let them gooooo!"

Aoi reached her arms out to the front door where the others stood by, "Ka- Kanao, Y/N! Help us!"

You didn't think twice in helping the girls by running over towards the three, using all your might to hold back Uzui from walking any further. Of course, it was futile since his strength was 100x stronger than yours skinny little stick arms, so all you looked like to the others was a flailing chicken.

However, Kanao was still being indecisive and having a massive mental breakdown in her head, deciding whether or not she should help her friends or not.

'Superiors! I must carry out my orders and duties...' She shook her thoughts, 'But Aoi and Naho! But orders... Shinobu. Coin... I'll decide by throwing a coin! Wait, but Y/N told me to follow my heart...'

Her eyes widen, remembering your words, 'Right... follow my heart!'

She bolted out the door as she grasped her hand on the fabric of Uzui's clothes, trying her best to hold down the man in his place since you barely had the muscle power to even stop him by a centimeter.