16・love

(`・ω・') warning- no warning!

・Y/N's pov

"That's a beautiful biwa, Kosuke!"

"Is it not?" He replied enthusiastically, "It was based on my mother's biwa, she used to play it often with my father. Unfortunately, it isn't the original but I was lucky enough to carve one out before forgetting it's appearance."

I looked carefully at the small patterns that held the delicate strings of the instrument and asked, "I didn't know your mother played a biwa?"

He shook his head, "She doesn't. My step mom and I aren't actually related since my father remarried. I understand it wasn't her fault, but I still wanted to keep something that still reminded me of my mom." He then turn to me, "Promise me you won't tell this to my father? He's a bit touchy with this subject."

I hummed at his response and got up to dust off my pants, "Well it's definitely a gorgeous biwa, I'm sure your mother would be proud if she saw your creation of her biwa."

"Yes," He smiled solemnly, "She definitely would."

I woke up with a jolt and subconsciously touched my face and chest, then sighing in relief for god knows why.

'Another day, another dream, another reason to question my existence here,' I scowled.

I got up from my bed and looked down to see my bed drenched in my cold sweat, making me 'ew' in disgust.

I soon shook it off and looked around the room, everyone was sleeping soundly after the festival, looking as peaceful as ever. I couldn't help but smile in self-pity, I knew what their future was like ahead of them but what can a weak, non-threatening human girl like me do to change the future full of demons for the good? Or maybe that's just my low self-esteem talking...

But all I wanted to do ever since I came here was to scream my feelings off and rant to someone who I can trust. But who can I even trust without changing the story dramatically in a negative way?

I literally told Tanjiro how I was from another world and he was strong enough to take in the information, but what will be his reaction when he realizes the full truth? That his whole life was just a story that was seen as entertainment to others? I can only imagine how he would feel, and I was not ready to tell him. At least, not yet.

I still needed time, enough time to put my memories together and hopefully piece out the truth. Hopefully.

・Timeskip

"Tanjiro! What did you do to make them train so much today?" I asked, watching the scene in front of me, "I never seen Zenitsu so motivated before!"

He laughed at my excitement as he took a pause on his coaching, "It wasn't actually me who made them train so much, Shinobu-san helped them get their motivation up!"

"Ah, then I guess I'm going to have to thank her for that one," I said, patting his head without realizing the subtle blush that grew on his cheeks.

"Caw, caw! Caw, caw!"

We both turn around to Tanjiro's crow who was sending a message that Haganezuka has arrived with his newly crafted nichirin blade to replace his old ones, along with Inosuke and his sword smith. The two were both excited, especially Tanjiro who was going on and on about Haganezuka and his sword.