33・humanly demon

(`・ω・') warning- cursing & angst

・2nd pov

If Kosuke had to describe his reality in the hell that was called the Infinity Castle, it would be— well, hell to say the very least.

You would think the same person who's able to stand besides the predecessor of all demons would see their life as a living blessing. In which every step they take, any and all beings would be within their grasp.

Please! That's far from what he was able to go through, even being able to step outside where his mother sat was a luxury itself. Kosuke could count the hours, days, weeks, years, decades, of being stuck in the dank room of the castle.

The amount of times Muzan experimented with him, whether it was force feeding potential substitutes for the blue spider lily or injecting his very own blood in Kosuke's veins.

Oh, the pain and agony the boy felt— the feeling of a thousand needles getting swallowed in his throat ten fold, Muzan's nail penetrating in between the skin and tissue of his arms. It was gnawing, the piercing notion of getting crushed by the Iron Maiden continuously.

Not even describing it was enough for Kosuke's insufferable experiences to be reflected onto paper.

Even seeing something as small as a dull blade would naturally be enough to make the little boy panic out of pure horror.

And trust me, he tried every way in the book to escape from this dungeon of hell. Whether it was sneaking, begging, or using his Blood Demon Art, nothing ever worked and he eventually gets caught.

Always.

This happened over a span of hundreds of years.

And thus came to Kosuke's breaking point.

He wasn't even numb to the pain as he hoped for.

He was useless.

He was just a experiment to the man.

He had the blood of a human and the blood of a demon, yet no matter how hard he tried he was treated as neither of them.

The strength of a demon, the mentality of a human, but pathetic on both spectrums. There was no significance to how talented he was in his Blood Demon Art.

"If I don't end up finding the blue spider lily," he remembered Muzan speaking out, vermillion eyes clashing against coral, "You will become my last resort. If only you didn't have the blood of a human, things would've been so much more easier."

He was the last resort to the recipe of Muzan's everlasting perfection— the resistance to the sun. The only thing protecting him from getting eaten was the fact he had human blood.

Being ecstatic would be an overstatement, but Kosuke was satisfied with his predecessor's words.

However...

That still meant he would still have to face the repetitive behavior of tortuous experimentations he had to go under just like before.

Hundreds and hundreds of years.

The satisfaction of Muzan's statement from back then was slowly wavering off like a mask.

Everything hurts.

Breathing suddenly felt more like a chore, pain began hammering inside his brain, and the tips of his toes were numb yet everything it touched stung like a thousand volts.