32・upper moons

(`・ω・') warning- mentions of blood

・2nd pov

"Hmm, I see. Hmm."

You could feel Hinatsuru hugging you protectively as the other wives gave you soft head pats away from the Serpent Pillar, who was commending but also judging the Sound Pillar in front of him.

"Six, the weakest upper moon. The six thing aside, you beat an upper moon. We should actually be celebrating, the six thing aside."

Yeah, he was pretty much giving backhanded compliments.

While you were indulging the fact that all of Uzui's wives were completely ignoring their husband and giving all their affections to you, you couldn't help but notice the growing tick marks on Suma's forehead towards Iguro's words.

"I should praise you or something," Iguro finalized.

"No..." Uzui coughed up, "I don't really need you to praise..."

"THAT'S RIGHT!" Suma yelled.

"You're pretty late," Makio deadpanned at the heterochromia-eyed man.

"Y- YOU'RE SO LATE! WERE YOU ACTUALLY COMING!?" Suma repeated, "YOU'RE SO LATE!"

"Rengoku was holding me off since he wanted to substitute for me," Iguro mumbled as Kaburamaru hissed at Suma, causing her to squeal away from the duo.

"Anyways, what were you thinking. Losing your left arm and eye? Even if this is just a fight against an Upper Moon Six, at best," Iguro reprimanded, pointing a finger towards his colleague, "How long will it take you to recover? Who'll take your place while you're doing that?"

Does he realize I'm not here? You thought, your eyes dotted at the scene before you.

"I'm retiring man," Uzui lethargically sighed, "I just can't fight anymore, Oyakata-sama will probably allow me to do so as well."

"Well, screw that. Right now, too many youngsters are dying off without showing any signs of growth," Iguro nagged, "Rengoku was almost about to die too, but he's still up and running. Having you in shape is a lot more better than losing you, fight to death."

"Oh no, the young ones are definitely growing," the Sound Hashira chuckled, "The boy and girl you absolutely despise is growing, in fact she's here right next to me in better shape than me right now."

He really didn't notice me!?

Iguro craned his vision to your figure, though in a bad shape it was definitely better than Uzui's from the way his eyes widen when he saw you.

He scoffed,

"You're kidding, right? The two of you really survived? This fight?"

The faint sound of a biwa resonated the entire body of the Infinity Castle, stacks of shoji doors clacked together as rooms and stairs descended randomly in every direction of the dimension.

The eye catcher being the red, floating stage where it sat Nakime, stringing another beat to the biwa— gorgeous carvings on the wooden instrument.

"Hyo! Well, well, Akaza-sama!"

A pale humanoid of a kind with tiny arms protruding in every side of his body revealed Gyokko, fresh out of his newly made pottery.

"Dear me, you seem to be looking swell. How've you been after ninety years? The mere possibility of you dying makes my heart leap with jo—" he coughed, "Makes my heart cringe in pain! Hyo, hyo!"