05・protagonist

(`・ω・') warning- cursing & zenitsu abuse!!

・2nd pov

"NOO!" Zenitsu cried, "MY BEAUTIFUL PEACH TREE!!"

You would have expected something more gruesome than a clutter of smashed peaches on the ground based on the agonizing reaction you received from Zenitsu, but who were you to judge? People all had their different treasures.

Walking towards the crying boy, you patted his head in a poor attempt to comfort him. You really weren't interested to get any more noise complaints from your neighbors near by, especially this late at night.

"It's probably Kaigaku trying to get on your nerves again," you mumbled, "It's fine, we can regrow these plums later, there's nothing to worry about."

Crocodile tears never fail to overflow his eyes as he started to sniff his last remaining whimpers, "Y- Yeah, you're right. I can't let gramps see me like this or he might hit me on my head again..."

You merely gave a weak chuckle in response as you led him back to the estate's living room, only to hear the faintest noise of creaking coming from the wooden front door. Not knowing whether to be alert or not, you swiftly went into a defensive stance to see who it could be that was sneaking into your house.

"Boo! Did I scare you?"

You blinked.

Oh.

It's just gramps.

You put your guard down in an instant, "I thought you were some robber or something... oh, wait! We have great news we-"

"Yes, you two have passed," Jigoro softly smiled, "If you guys didn't you two would've been dead by now wouldn't you two?"

"Yeah," you chuckled, "I guess you're right."

"Wait, guys don't make jokes like that! What if that actually happens to someone you guys might know, huh? Maybe someone like..." he shivered at the horrid thought running through his mind, "Me!"

"Wouldn't happen."

"Would too!"

"Wouldn't happen."

"Would too!"

"Would too."

"Wouldn't hap- stop doing this mind trick thing on me again!"

"Maybe you should stop falling for them then," you snickered, "Or maybe just admit to the fact you're a loser compared to me, both reasons are completely acceptable to my terms."

Prior to Zenitsu being able to retort back, the both of you were suddenly engulfed in a hug full of warmth, care, and relief by none other than your old man, Jigoro.

"Thank goodness you two passed..." He whispered.

You two side glanced at each in shock. Most of the time, you only knew how much gramps wasn't much of the type who would should his affection by physical touch, but more with his words.

(You remembered how you would often compare him to the popular phrase 'kill them with kindness'.)

But in the end, you two gratefully returned the hug to him— he deserved it, after all. He was our mentor and lovable grandfather.

"Gramps?" Zenitsu murmured quietly, "I have a question... why were you out so late at night? D- Demons could e- eat you up, ya know!?"

This question caught the older man off guard as you could tell he oddly tensed up in this question, making him explain how he had to do some late work— something about having to do with the Demon Slayer Corps.

𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚・k. tanjiroजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें