Chapter 2

Mary is sitting in the couch with Apollo watching the local news for Seattle, Port Angeles, and Forks when someone knocks on the door. Elias left early this morning to go to his fiancée's house to plan some more of the wedding and to help cook for Carlisle's adopted son's girlfriend when she visits.

The blonde stands and Apollo stretches out on the couch, earning a chuckle from his owner. Mary walks over to the door and she finds a stunning girl with heart/oval shaped face and caramel brown hair and golden/brown eyes.

"Hi!" She greets. "I'm Esme..."

"You're Elias' fiancée," Mary says with a smile. "He told me about you."

"He mentioned your attack and I brought a couple things to help you relax," Esme says as she holds up a basket of bubble bath supplies, along with the relaxing scented candles.

"Come in," Mary says as she steps aside. "Thank you for all this, Esme. You didn't have to."

"I know that, but I wanted to," Esme coos. "Any friend of Elias is a friend of mine."

Esme hands the bath stuff and candles over to Mary, and the blonde takes them into the bathroom, she'll take a long bath as soon as Esme leaves. She rejoins Esme in the living room and insists she tells her about herself.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

"So?"

Esme smiles at Alice. "I think she got in the bath with the items and lit candles as soon as I left. Such a sweet girl. She's been through so much."

Carlisle frowns from the stove where he's cooking. "Do you know what brought on the panic disorder?"

"Yes," Esme replies and Elias glances up in shock. "I told her about the child I loss and my ex husband. Only, she doesn't know how long ago it was I lost them both. She told me her story and honestly? I can see why she has the panic attacks. She's too sweet for that."

"She is," Elias agrees. "Damn girl is strong as Hell, though."

Esme sniffs the air suddenly. "Here comes the human!"

Elias smirks, knowing she means Bella. Elias is being turned by the Volturi after the wedding, that's how Aro Volturi said it would happen. Aro, believe it or not, does believe in a happy ending. And he loves a good wedding. He's not coming to Forks, thank God, but he said he'd send Elias and Esme a gift after he turns Elias.

Edward and Bella soon enter the kitchen as Rosalie tosses the salad. 

"Bella," Esme boasts. "We're making Italiano for you."

"This is Esme," Edward says. "She might as well be my mother."m

"Bon giorno?" Bella says, making an attempt to speak Italian.

"Molto bene!" Esme exclaims happily.

"Since I won't let them cook for me, you've given them a reason to use the kitchen the first time," Elias pipes in and Bella glances at him, seeing that he's human. "I'm Elias, I'm marrying Esme."

"Congratulations."

"Thank you," Esme coos. "I hope you're hungry."

"Oh, absolutely-"

"She already ate," Edward says and the glass bowl in Rosalie's hands shatters.

Esme nods toward the stairs and Elias nods. He gives her a quick peck before he heads upstairs to avoid Rosalie's wrath.

"Perfect," Rosalie grumbles as she steps over the glass.

"I just assumed -- because you don't eat, you know..."

"Of course," Esme coos after giving Rosalie a look. "That's very considerate of you."

"Ignore her," Edward says to his blood singer. "I do."

"Yes, let's keep pretending that this isn't dangerous for all of us,"Rosalie snaps; Emmett pats her shoulder in warming, but she ignores him.

"I would never, ever tell a home," Bella says quickly.

"She knows that," Carlisle says reassuringly, he's ready to go check in with Mary.

"The problem is that you two have go me public now..." Emmett says, he said all this to Elias, too - mate or not.

"Emmett," Esme warns sternly, knowing her human is right upstairs.

"No, she should know," Rosalie says, she also gave this warning to Elias two years ago when he and Esme met. "The entire family will be implicated if this goes badly."

Edward can't look at Bella when Rosalie says this. A silence lingers in the air while Elias talks to Mary on the phone upstairs.

"Carlisle!" Elias calls from uosyairs.

Carlisle frowns and he rushes upstairs while Rosalie intimidates Bella. "What's wrong?"

"Can you fo check on Mary?" Elias asks. "She had another attack. She found out our neighbor's name is named Charlie, and that's her ex's name. The reason she has a panic disorder."

Carlisle nods and he rushes out to his Mercedes and he drives to Elias' home. He nods in greeting toward the chief and he walks to the door, and he knocks. There's a bark inside and the door opens, revealing a tense and tired looking Mary.

"Carlisle." Mary smiles a little bit. "Did Elias send you?"

"He was over with Esme when you called," Carlisle says, "he asked if I could come by and check in you. I was already planning to after yesterday."

Mary steps aside and she lets Carlisle enter the house.

"Can I get you some herbal tea?" Mary asks. "It helps me calm down after an attack."

"Please," Carlisle replies, wanting to keep him a human act as long as he possibly can.

Mary walks into the kitchen and Carlisle finds Apollo staring at him suspiciously. Mary returns and insists for Carlisle to sit. He sits beside his stunning mate and she hands him a tea cup while some classical rock music plays lightly in the background. 

They two talk for a while until Carlisle feels Mary rest her head against his shoulder, and he hears her breathing slow as she falls asleep. He knows she has to be tired after two panic attacks in two days. He just lets her sleep before he grabs a throw pillow, lays it in his lap, and he lays her head on the pillow.

That's the position they're in when Elias and Esme come over.

"She fell asleep," Carlisle whispers. "She was exhausted."

"She usually goes at least two weeks to a month without an attack," Elias says. "But too many Charlie's. Stay with her, just in case."

Carlisle nods. He wasn't planning on moving, he doesn't want to risk waking the tired human up. Elias and Esme smile at each other before going to Elias' room to relax and for Elias to get some sleep after the Rosalie/Bella drama. When everyone separates, the only thing heard is the humans and Apollo's breathing and Aerosmith on the stereo.