Chapter 6

"Eleazar said he would help me find out what's wrong with you and what's in you," Carlisle informs Mary says as they pack.

After Jasper's slip up, Carlisle decided it would be best that they leave Forks. He's bringing Mary because he has no idea what's going on and if she dies because of it, he needs to be there to turn her. He's not ready to lose her get.

"Okay," Mary replies. "Where are we going again?"

"Alaska," Carlisle says. "Some of our cousins are there. The Denali coven. Eleazar and his wife, Carmen. Kate, Irina, and Tanya. Laurent is there, he's with Irina."

Mary nods as she finishes. "I'm ready."

Carlisle and Mary go downstairs.

"Eleazar is expecting us soon," Carlisle informs the others. "We'll see you soon?"

"We'll be right behind you," Jasper says and he looks at Mary. "I'll see you soon?"

Mary nods and she heads on outside.

"Carlisle," Rose says. "I think Mary is pregnant."

"That's impossible, Rosalie," Carlisle says.

"Is it?"
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Eleazar and Carlisle hug in greeting when he and Mary arrive at the cabin on a snow coveted mountain in Denali, Alaska.

"Hi, dear," Carmen greets as she and Kate walk over. "You're Mary, right?"

"Yeah," Mary replies shyly. "Hi."

Carmen places a hand on the small of Mary's back and she leads her inside. Laurent seems surprised to see Mary even though he knew that she and Carlisle were coming, but genuinely pleased regardless.

"Hello, Mary," Laurent greets her.

Mary smiles a little. "Hello, Laurent."

"Let's get you sat down," Kate urges.

"What's wrong?" Laurent asks.

"She's... sick," Irina informs her lover. "Eleazar said he'd help Carlisle figure out with what, so they came before the others."

Laurent frowns at Mary but he says nothing more. He nods and he steps outside to give the ladies some privacy. He walks over to where Eleazar and Carlisle are.

"So, Rosalie things that Mary is pregnant with your child?" Eleazar asks.

"Yes, but it's impossible, right?" Carlisle asks.

"Is anything really impossible?" Laurent asks. "I mean, look at where I am. And look at what we are, Carlisle. Vampires are supposed to be impossible."

Carlisle looks at the cabin where Kate, Tanya, Irina, and Carmen are all helping Mary stay calm and to refrain from having a panic attack in her condition. Eleazar smiles pleasantly when Alice and Jasper arrive. Alice greets Laurent and Eleazar kindly before she heads inside to check on Mary. It's not long until Emmett, Rosalie, Esme, and Elias arrive. The women all go inside to be with Mary while the men stand outside talking.