Chapter 16

Wyatt and Embry are sitting on the porch, holding hands and joking around when Jake pulls up on his motorbike with Bella on the back.

"Bella!" Wyatt greets, waving happily. "Hey!"

" who's back," Embry muses as Quil, Jared, and Paul pile out of the house.

"Whatup, Bella?" Quil asks her.

"Quil, you too?" Bella asks him.

"Yep," Quil replies smoothly. "Finally made the pack. I'm glad you're here, Bella. Maybe we can get a break from Jake's obsessive inner monologue."

"I wish Bella would call," Paul says teasingly.

"I wish Bella wouldn't call," Jared adds in.

"Maybe I should call Bella." - Embry.

"Maybe I should call Bella and hang up." - Quil.

"Alright, you can shut up now," Jacob says bashfully.

Bella smiles as the boys start roughhousing. She glances at Wyatt and Embry, who's hands are still interwined as Leah Clearwater exits the house. She and her brother Seth shifted after their father, Harry, died of a heart attack. Leah is wearing a scowl and her scowl deepens even more when she spies Bella. Wyatt looks down, knowing why she's not happy. Paul was more than happy to spill the backstory of the history between Sam, Emily, and Leah.

"Bella, this is Leah Clearwater," Jacob says. "Harry's daughter."

"Hey," Bella greets her. "I'm really sorry about your father."

"If you're here to torture Jacob some more, feel free to leave," Leah snarls.

Bella's face falls, she's taken aback by the harshness in Leah's tone. Jacob looks at the fatherless wolf with an angry look, which Leah ignores as Sam and Emily leave the house. Leah moves off abruptly.

"Fun, isn't she?" Jake asks his friend / crush.

As Sam nods in a pleasant greeting nod, Emily bounds forward and she hugs the girl.

"Bella, hey!" Emily greets. "I was wondering when we'd see your face around here again."

"Yeah, same here," Bella replies awkwardly.

"Sam, we good?" Jacob asks.

"We're good," Sam replies in his deep voice. "She won't be getting through our line anytime soon."

"Embry!" Wyatt gasps in disgust. "Who gave him onions and dairy?"

Jared's eyes widen guiltily and he sees Wyatt stand. "Damn it," he gasps and he runs while Wyatt chases him. Bella watches as Leah phases upon seeing Sam kiss Emily and she runs into the woods. Bella is surprised, she didn't know she turned. She then leaves with Jacob, leaving Wyatt to chase Jared around bevauxe dairy and onions make Embry... uneasy to be around.