Chapter 4

Mary watches as Apollo runs around the field while he's not working, trying to workout. Yes, a dog who works out. He loves running around without his best on. Mary, with his permission, out Apollo's vest in Emmett's Jeep before Edward borrowed it to go pick up Bella.

"He's so energetic," Rosalie gushes as she stands beside Emmett, standing as Apollo runs.

Edward soon arrives with Bella and soon later, Esme and Elias. They haven't left for Italy. Esme just took him to Seattle, turned him there. So, his crimson eyes make Mary nervous.

"Apollo!" She calls. "Go to the Jeep, and lay down."

Apollo barks once and he obeys. Jasper tells her that he's now sleeping in the backseat of Emmett's Jeep, and Alice claims that it's time. Mary sits on the rock behind the batter's mound, knowing the vampires won't miss. Esme walks over and she winks at Mary before she squats, taking the catcher position while Alice stands at the pitcher's mound. Rosalie is the first to bar and she smashes into the ball, and it sounds like thunder.

"Now o see why you need the thunder," Bella says to Elias, who has amazingly remarkable restraint.

Elias smirks. "It's astounding, isn't it?"

"Totally."

The ball shoots through the trees and Edward disappears after it.

"Don't worry," Esme says to Mary, "Edward is really fast."

Rosalie darts around the bases, almost in a blue. Edward throws it to the hone plate and Esme is quick to catch it.

"Holy crap!" Mary gasps in excitement. "Oh, that's awesome! I wanna do that."

Rosalie winks at the blonde before she walks over to Carlisle. "Turn that girl," she whispers.

Carlisle smiles ar her and he takes his spot at the batter's mound. He hits a line drive. Emmett and Edward leap up at the same time in order to catch the ball, but they end up slamming into each other, sounding like huge boulders crashing into the other one and they fall, both laughing as they flip each other off, amused. Jasper is next. He feels good, because of Mary's excited emotion, it's masking Bella's scent from him. Oddly. The ball goes rushing into the trees but before Edward can chase it, alice gasps as she goes into a vision.

"Stop!" Alice squeals. "I didn't see them..."

Carlisle hurries over to Mary's side and he easily removes the jacket he's wearing in a smooth vampire speed and he slides it onto her and he removes the ponytail from her blonde hair. He gazes into her eyes.

"Stay near me," he instructs and Mary nods, keeping up a brave facade but both she and Jasper know she's terrified and on the verge of a panic attack.

"They're traveling so quickly--"

"You said they left the county--"

"They did," Alice says, cutting Rosalie off, "but then they hears us..." she glances between Carlisle and Edward, "they changed their minds."

Jasper looks over and he uses his ability to calm Mary down. She smiles thankfully at him and she nods once, Jasper offers the human a smile before he turns back.

"Stay near me, Mary," Carlisle says as he pulls her close.

The vampires hear a faint rustle and three nomadic vampries leave the trees. The one with the authority seeping through his dead veins has dark, chocoalte colored skin with bright crimson eyes showing that he has recently fed. He has long dreads, and he's wearing some dark dress pants and an orange jacket, but no shirt. The other male has blonde hair pulled in a ponytail and crimson eyes that pop with his pale complexion. He's in some dirty jeans and a brown leather jacket. The woman... she's so beautiful and creepy at the same time. She has untamed red hair and bright crimson eyes, like the other two nomads. She's in some jeans, a green blouse, and a fur white cape looking thing. None of the three nomads are wearing shoes.