Chapter 13

It's been a few more weeks and Wyatt now looks seventeen. Mary cannot believe how fast he's grown; especially since they left Alaska. She misses Carlisle every single day but they Skype daily. She and Wyatt talk to him when Wyatt isn't at school.

Wyatt started Forks High School. He is a senior with Bella. He's become friends with Mike Newton, despite being a Cullen. Mary and Wyatt signed the treaty not long after their return to Forks. Sam Uley wants to keep an eye on Wyatt now that he knows what he is, to be on the safe side. Neither Wyatt nor Mary minded, they just wanted the trust of the wolves.

Bella has been spending a lot of time in La Push with Jacob Black and the pack. Sam tells her every time he calls to check in on Wyatt's progress, and to ask about his upbringing and diet. Wyatt has agreed to stick to human food and animal blood while in Forks because the treaty says no feeding on people. Wyatt has no problem giving up the people blood, he prefers animals.

Not only that, but Victoria is in town. She and Mary bumped into each other in Seattle while Mary was up there visit Melanie. Vic was surprised to see Mary a vampire and without her coven.

Melanie is in the hospital, on hospice. She is due to go at any time. That's where Mary is right now while her son is at school. She's here with Francis and Jane, they're all saying their goodbyes. Mel is about to go at any second.

"My babies," Melanie croaks weakly as they surround her bed. "I am so proud of all three of you. So, so proud. I love you."

The siblings all begin crying as Melanie flatlines.

"We love you, too, mom," Jane, Francis, and Mary all say in sync before Mary goes to get the doctor.

"Doctor Smith?" Mary says. "My mom..."

Smith sees the tears and he nods. "I'll be right in, Mrs. Cullen."

Mary nods and she goes back into the room. Francis and Jane pull her into a hug while the flatline sounds the room.

Francis Schmidt is going to be portrayed by Chris Hemsworth

And

Jane O'Connell will be portrayed by Candice King (the 2021 version, not the TVD version)

And

Melanie Schmidt was portrayed by Susan Walters.

And

Wyatt James Cullen is portrayed by Ross Lynch.