Chapter 11

(Two Months Later)

An eight-year-old looking Wyatt walks into the living room and he sighs when he sees his family. His mom is sitting beside his surrogate uncle, Elias. Esme is sat beside him. His dad is standing in front of his surrogate aunt/sister, Alice, if that makes any sense. His godparents, Rosalie and Emmett, are sitting together. Esme and Elias see, desolate. Emmett is blank and Rosalie is almost irritated. And his uncle Jas, who is more like a big brother, is isolating himself in a corner. Wyatt walks over and he sits with his mom and Elias, who both smile at the kid.

"No," Carlisle says to Alice. "We promised Edward."

"But she won't do well without us," Alice claims, referring to Bella. "I get flashes of her, but they're unclear--"

"Forget her," Rosalie cuts in, "let's drag Edward home."

"He'll come back when he's ready," Esme says. "When Bella has moved on."

"Yes," Carlisle says. "When she's living her life, safe from danger..."

"You mean safe from us," Jasper utters.

Alice walks over and she wraps an arm around him soothingly.

"And when will that be?" Rosalie asks pointedly.

"Can you see him, Auntie Alice?" Wyatt asks, knowing the gifts.

Everyone turns to Alice at Wyatt's question amd she's beat. She closes her eyes and she attempts to lock in on Edward.

"The only desicion hes made..." Alice says. "Is to be alone."

"Mom, can I hunt with you today?" Wyatt asks. "I want some blood."

"Of course," Mary replies. "I'll race you."

"Hey!" He shouts as she gets a headstart. "You're cheating mom!" Wyatt runs after her.

"That kid is getting bigger and bigger," Rosalie smiles fondly. "And he's starting to look like you too, Carlisle."

"But more like his mom," Carlisle says. "More like her. "

Rosalie hums in agreement, Wyatt does resemble Mary more than Carlisle. He always has. He is still a major mama's boy, too.